Oil Filter Parent Companies?

Case in point, Supertech and RainX windshield washer fluid They both come out of the same plant. Highline Warren.
Hi PimTac,

True they come out of the same plant but it is highly likely they have different formulations. I found at the Walmart site a RainX with bug remover for $3.97 and the Supertech Windshield Bug remover for $3.27. The RainX brand is good to -20 and the Supertech to 32. There may be some other differences too.

Similar example is Supertech oil that comes out of plants making other brands. There are VOAs showing it is different by having less of some of the additives. This doesn't mean Supertech oil is bad. The Supertech brand stands for good value . . . a good product at an affordable price.

A Nanonet passenger car filter would be music to many of our ears, though I'm not sure how big that market would actually be. The existing FL-820S equivalent just needs a silcone ADBV and it's good to go.
We need to find an excuse to get you down to Tennessee for a media center tour...you'd be a kid in a candy store.

Awesome!

That's correct

Since First Brands owns Champion Labs I would say Yes. There are some made in China & I would assume Champion has manufacturing over there too?

Wix is Mann-Hummel too just like the other's you mentioned & I'm not sure on AC Delco
I thought wix was made in China now

I thought wix was made in China now
I don't think any brand makes all their filters in any one country or location. I have a Napa Gold (aka Wix) filter on the shelf that is made in Mexico. I also have a NAPA Platinum (also Wix) that is made in USA. Others here on BITOG have reported Wix filters made in different parts of Europe, and in Asia. So that Wix can offer more different filters, I believe they get some filters from their sister companies, from under the Mann-Hummel umbrella, and then rebrand them as Wix. That seems pretty common these days.

As C4 Corvette owner as well (94LT1 and 96LT4) I look forward to your updates. I currently have Bosch Premiums on both cars at the moment.

They can come from China, Mexico, or the USA among other places, you could go around to parts stores and look for the same model and I'm sure you'd find one made in each country.
On top of this, filter manufacturers typically buy and sell filters between each other too...so even if it has a WIX paint job, doesn't mean WIX makes it.

On top of this, filter manufacturers typically buy and sell filters between each other too...so even if it has a WIX paint job, doesn't mean WIX makes it.
The only Wix I've seen that weren't a Wix were made by Mann in Europe, which isn't really buying another brand's filters so much as Mann-Hummel leveraging their worldwide manufacturing capacity.

The only Wix I've seen that weren't a Wix were made by Mann in Europe, which isn't really buying another brand's filters so much as Mann-Hummel leveraging their worldwide manufacturing capacity.

And that makes sense in a business way as all the brands consolidate manufacturing processes, use the same filtering media and utilize the same sources for steel and other parts. At some point the consumer will figure it out that the brands are all the same much like all the GM brands or any comparable large corporation.

Back