Oil Filter Issue

2015 Hyundai oil filter problem. Started out with engine hesitation, then shut down. Took it to dealership where purchased. Only service they performed was oil/filter change. Dealership said there were aftermarket filters used that were disintegrating. Had had the last oil changes done at my regular garage, never any problems. Car ran ok for a couple of months, stated hesitating again. Filter particles still in engine??? Anybody hear of this issue?

Here read this thread, Hyundai/Kia has a TSB at least back from 2012 on it... I just skimmed through it and does sound like it's a bunch of hogwash and that some filters cause the engine to knock... as some of the other members stated I agree that the oiling system used evidently is not a very good one and is very finicky with the oil and filter that is used.

Hyundai's TSB is also BS. Been floating around since the 80s when Fram didn't know how to make filters.

The cartridge filters they use on the V6s are varied and many get the wrong filter or they get installed wrong. And Hyundai has problems with US made V6 motors.

You didnt say what model or any real specifics, but I would wager its yet another theta 2 about the grenade. Sorry for your troubles OP.

Total BS and they are avoiding their job. Hesitation has nothing to do with oil until it's too late.

But what oil filter was on it?
Thanks. Yea I never believe dealerships, I always wear my boots in dealerships so I don't get crap all over my shoes. But it did run ok for a few months, then again felt like a cylinder/spark was missing / out of time, don't know what filter was in there.

There are issues with the V6 filters not fitting if they have the wrong one as they changed the part and not all auto parts stores are on board. One is a bit shorter and if installed will offer no filtering. Then the usual double or no oring. Or broken center plastic piece.

Back