oil change tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
So tomorrow will be the dreaded oil change day. I usually love changing oil, but not on my 2007 Tundra with the 5.7, never did.
8.5K on the oil, Mobil1 0w20, and a Napa Gold Filter. At least I will be good until about July-August.

155300 miles.

Be sure to lay out what you're going to wear the night before so you're good n' ready.

I hate working on Tundras! Taking down the shield and how the filter is placed is absolute garbage. This is with an actual lift too. I can't image trying to DIY a tundra.

Originally Posted By: FordBroncoVWJeta
I hate working on Tundras! Taking down the shield and how the filter is placed is absolute garbage. This is with an actual lift too. I can't image trying to DIY a tundra.

That was Toyota's plan.

Mom's 4Runner has a 1/4" thick skid that needs removed to get to the filter. Can't say I am a fan either.

Then it has a cartridge with some goofy push in valve thing that drains the housing before removal. I can never get that to work either.

If I can crawl under my Fiat in the driveway with nothing but a 2x6 under one wheel (didn't have a second) I'm sure a Tundra is a cakewalk. You'll be fine! Just think of the beer waiting for you in the refrigerator.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Be sure to lay out what you're going to wear the night before so you're good n' ready.

LOL!
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: anndel
That stupid can-less filter which is messier than a regular filter.

Only because Toyota designed it. Somehow GM, Chrysler and Fiat can design a cartridge filter that's right on top of the engine, simple to change and doesn't drip a drop of oil.

Originally Posted By: eljefino

Pack a lunch too. If things don't go as planned, there is always the corner where one can assume a fetal position to kick and scream.

Last edited:
YouTube video says you should be able to do it in under 4 minutes. Oh wait, that's just the length of the yt video, sorry. (J/K) Do follow Homer's advice at the end of the video. So you have something to look forward to when you're done, have a couple cool ones chilled and ready to go.
cheers3.gif

I love how the skid plate requires 2 sizes of wrench, 10mm and 12mm.
I wonder if the thread size of the skip plate bolts differs as well.
Not just a MACRO INTELLIGENT idea to have 2 sizes of anything for such a simple job but to do so where it's likely the dimmest "mechanics" will be put on the job.

I looked at a vehicle in Lodi, NJ which matches the OP's description (engine and mile wise).

Yo, 93cruiser, did you buy that truck on Outwater Lane?

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson

That was Toyota's plan.

How does Toyota benefit from making the oil change on one vehicle somewhat annoying?

Originally Posted By: Ethan1

That was Toyota's plan.

How does Toyota benefit from making the oil change on one vehicle somewhat annoying?

You bring it to them of course!

Originally Posted By: Ethan1

That was Toyota's plan.

You bring it to them of course!

Toyota doesn't service cars, their franchisees do. People are just as likely to go to a quick lube. You're grasping at straws, to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back