Oil Change Stickers

Messages
6,959
Location
SE British Columbia, Canada
Thread starter
Bought these on Amazon for about $8.00. There are 200 stickers in a roll. They are translucent and stick to your window glass. They peel right off. Easily marked with a pen. Lots to choose from. I find they are a good reminder for the kids to remember to come home for an oil change. laugh

Oil Change Stickers.PNG
 
Messages
429
Location
MN
I usually just grab a few every time I'm in Advance or Autozone. Roll of them by the oil selection for your taking. Never use them in my cars as I use trip B to reset after every OCI. I put them in friends/family's car as they can never seem to remember their last oil change. Odd note: I cut around all the wording, but write in when I did the oil change with the current date/mileage. Up to them to figure out what maintenance interval they want to use.
 
Messages
4,184
Location
Texas
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Kind of like the one's I get at O'Really's for free.
Where are they typically located at O'Reilly ? They have a store located within 10 - 20 blocks of me .
 
Messages
6,518
Location
Wet side WA
Originally Posted by WyrTwister
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Kind of like the one's I get at O'Really's for free.
Where are they typically located at O'Reilly ? They have a store located within 10 - 20 blocks of me .
They are right in the oil section at my store on a roll. I typically take a dozen of them when I stop in at O'Really's which isn't often anymore they have priced themselves out of the oil business.
 
Messages
4,099
Location
SW Ohio
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
They are right in the oil section at my store on a roll. I typically take a dozen of them when I stop in at O'Really's which isn't often anymore they have priced themselves out of the oil business.
I've never seen them but as you say, their prices on oil is ridiculous. I typically just shake my head as I see the bottles and price tags, thinking "I can get that same bottle at Walmart for $10-15 cheaper". I would bet that they have these available in all stores but I'm thinking my nearby store keeps them behind the counter and you just ask for 'em.
 
Messages
6,518
Location
Wet side WA
Originally Posted by hallstevenson
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
They are right in the oil section at my store on a roll. I typically take a dozen of them when I stop in at O'Really's which isn't often anymore they have priced themselves out of the oil business.
I've never seen them but as you say, their prices on oil is ridiculous. I typically just shake my head as I see the bottles and price tags, thinking "I can get that same bottle at Walmart for $10-15 cheaper". I would bet that they have these available in all stores but I'm thinking my nearby store keeps them behind the counter and you just ask for 'em.
Yes that's why their stock is over $400 a share.
 
Messages
1,879
Location
NoVA
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Kind of like the one's I get at O'Really's for free.
Same here but I get them from Advance auto. They are usually attached to the oil racks.
 
Messages
3,158
Location
Outer Banks, NC
I'm still using a booklet of the old style door jamb stickers from Quaker State, who gave them to me for free. Old school. Peel them off, use a little Goof Off and add a new one. And no sun fading of the window stickers.
 
Messages
5,678
Location
Atlanta
Originally Posted by Variant_S
I'm still using the ones that I got from Mobil from this thread. Do they not give them out anymore?
I've requested them several times and never gotten so much as a reply. Though I have so many form Blackstone it isn't an issue...
 
Last edited:
Messages
9,373
Location
Canuck living in California
I'm still using my Valvoline and Petro Canada stickers that I got for free. All I had to do was email them and ask. But once they are gone, I will probably check out my local O'Reilly if they have some for free.
 
Messages
6,518
Location
Wet side WA
Originally Posted by KrisZ
I'm still using my Valvoline and Petro Canada stickers that I got for free. All I had to do was email them and ask. But once they are gone, I will probably check out my local O'Reilly if they have some for free.
Free isn't any good on BITOG you need those boutique stickers LOL just sayin the boutique stickers are what give you engine 50,000 more miles of life.
 
Messages
8,943
Location
MA
I never use them, I just peel them off whenever the local indy puts one on. I just stick the number into mycarfax and I look it up once in a while. Car also keeps track of when the next oil change is due so it's pretty pointless for me.
 

JTK

Messages
12,956
Location
Buffalo, NY
Originally Posted by NormanBuntz
I'm still using a booklet of the old style door jamb stickers from Quaker State, who gave them to me for free. Old school. Peel them off, use a little Goof Off and add a new one. And no sun fading of the window stickers.
Yeah, that's the thing with the w/s stickers. Even if you use a new sharpie or go dark with a ball point pen, they still fade to nothing. I remember the door jamb stickers. That's not a bad idea to avoid the UV fade. I'm still using a pack of old pennzoil windshield oil change stickers I ordered off of eBay probably 18yrs ago, but I mainly use my myCarFax app anymore. My local Autozones and Advance autos used to have a roll of free stickers on the oil shelves or at the counter, but they always seemed to be out of them when I needed them. This is going back a good 20yrs. I haven't bought oil from those places in eons.
 
Messages
4,099
Location
SW Ohio
Originally Posted by Wolf359
I never use them, I just peel them off whenever the local indy puts one on. I just stick the number into mycarfax and I look it up once in a while. Car also keeps track of when the next oil change is due so it's pretty pointless for me.
What modern vehicle doesn't tell the driver when an oil change is due ? Honestly asking, are there some out there ? What's weird about the ones the shops use, is they still want to change your oil every 3000 miles.
 
Messages
16,675
Location
NH
Define modern. 1 year old, 5, 10? I know my '10 and '11 model Toyota's use a 5k counter for oil changes and tire rotations--tires every 5k, oil 10k. Maybe they have changed since them (kinda doubtful, it's Toyota). Me, I just do everything on the 5's, no sticker required. Just a light on the dashboard, I guess the intent is for the owner to schedule with the dealer, and the dealer will then do the work--no fancy readout here. Once in a while I actually remember to reset the maintenance light, but that's a bit rare... it's just one warning light, kinda matches the TPMS.
 
Last edited:
Top