OEM carburetor Parts or not

Is Oregon the OEM carburetor parts provider for ZAMA?

This is what I ordered this for an Echo BG 55 blower…

I received this… should I just accept this when the listing says “Manufacturer ZAMA”

IMG_5583.jpeg

Yes, I think so. Hard to know those are genuine Zama parts. But remember that Zama is based in Guangdong, China. Very often, when you order an aftermarket carb or carb kit, the parts are made by Zama.

Oregon probably orders a thousand of each part, in bulk from Zama, and makes a kit for each specific model.

Probably easier to simply purchase a replacement carb on Amazon.

Also, remember to remove the plug for the high speed adjustment. Youtube can help here.

Whenever I order carb rebuilt kit for my gas power tools, I always go to eBay. I'm not particular about the brand or where it's made, I always go who can give me the best deals. So no worries on rebuilt kit you've bought. the best thing is if the kit fits the carb make.

Last edited:
Reactions: JTK
Among aftermarket OPE parts, I have found that Oregon branded parts are to be of very good quality. I have used a couple of Oregon OPE carburetors and they worked perfectly.

I got one off Ebay for my old John Deere with a Kawasaki and it worked perfect right out of the box. Made in Japan as is the OE. Has a improved shut off solenoid.

Well not all parts fit … the reed valves in particular didn’t seem right. The unit ran better but not good. I could never get the low speed circuit tuned. I a last ditch effort I bought an Amazon replacement Zama knock-off that came with an air filter and an LD plug (NGK knock off).

I spend over $21 rebuild the carb without success. It ran like new, but it always ran horrible per my dad “it’s a pice of crap”

At any rate, I got ALL of the above delivered in two days from Amazon for $18. I changed ONLY the whole carburator being I trust the OR NGK better. This time I tuned the low and high speed circuit and idle. It runs FANTASTIC.

I punch the trigger and it immediately goes to full RPM

This worked miracles… it was better than the ORM Stihl carb

I wanted to keep the OEM carb... but Atlas something is wrong with it

Back