OBD Link SX USB: Professional Grade OBD-II Automotive Scan Tool for Windows – DIY Car and Truck Data and Diagnostics

Anyone try one of these, I want to hook it between a Windows 19 laptop running Torque Pro and the OBD 2 port in OBD 2 cars.

1698618599755.jpg

Yes, but now that I'm thinking about it
What's the main vehicles you'll be using this on?

Some OBDLink products don't support SW-CAN which you'll see on 2005+ GM products

IMO, to avoid kneecapping your capabilities, and throwing good money after bad
Wait till Black Friday (for a hopeful sale) and cough up the extra $ for the MX+
That includes all the more modern CAN protocols
Or at least the green LX, a little more modern

I've had my MX for several years now, love it
It's more than paid for itself several times over
I actually plan on upgrading to the MX+

Maybe PM me, I'd let it go for a good price if the $140 for the new one is out of pocket 🤷‍♂️

1000007710.jpg

Looks like they're working on something new for late model GM stuff with key programming, ABS bleeding, and Stop/Start + AFM disable
I hope they make it 👌

Last edited:
w
Does your laptop have Bluetooth, or are you firm on hard wired?
I haven't used it in a while, but I'm 99% sure it has Bluetooth, I just thought wire to wire would be less hassle.

You plan on upgrading to the MX+ What is the difference between The MX and the MX+ ?

Last edited:
See Right now my Bluetooth OBD 2 connector won't connect, I don't know for sure, but I suspect my dongle is bad,
I need something ASAP for my 2001 at least for now.

w

I haven't used it in a while, but I'm 99% sure it has Bluetooth, I just thought wire to wire would be less hassle.

You plan on upgrading to the MX+ What is the difference between The MX and the MX+ ?
MX+ adds WiFi (for iOS devices) and they throw in the OEM Data PIDs in their included Android app

Otherwise, pretty much identical

They both support SINGLE-WIRE CAN (GMLAN) and FORD MEDIUM-SPEED CAN (MS-CAN)

At half price for an MX, I think that's a better use of your diagnosis dollar
And I've fumbled with a laptop on the seat with a USB cable sticking out, you want to avoid the frustration if practical

Let me know if you're interested, rather someone makes good use of it

Do you have any Android devices?
Are you sure you've got power at your OBD2 port (didn't blow a fuse for example?)

Lemme guess, you've got a cheap knock off ELM327?

MX+ adds WiFi (for iOS devices) and they throw in the OEM Data PIDs in their included Android app

Otherwise, pretty much identical

They both support SINGLE-WIRE CAN (GMLAN) and FORD MEDIUM-SPEED CAN (MS-CAN)

At half price for an MX, I think that's a better use of your diagnosis dollar
And I've fumbled with a laptop on the seat with a USB cable sticking out, you want to avoid the frustration if practical

Let me know if you're interested, rather someone makes good use of it

Do you have any Android devices?
Are you sure you've got power at your OBD2 port (didn't blow a fuse for example?)
Not sure, didn't check fuses, but IIRC the red light is coming on, on the dongle itself.
I have Android only, No iOS devices at this time.
Lemme guess, you've got a cheap knock off ELM327?
Probably, It's this one,
1698641438794.jpg

Yes, but now that I'm thinking about it
What's the main vehicles you'll be using this on?

Some OBDLink products don't support SW-CAN which you'll see on 2005+ GM products

IMO, to avoid kneecapping your capabilities, and throwing good money after bad
Wait till Black Friday (for a hopeful sale) and cough up the extra $ for the MX+
That includes all the more modern CAN protocols
Or at least the green LX, a little more modern

I've had my MX for several years now, love it
It's more than paid for itself several times over
I actually plan on upgrading to the MX+

Maybe PM me, I'd let it go for a good price if the $140 for the new one is out of pocket 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 185843
Looks like they're working on something new for late model GM stuff with key programming, ABS bleeding, and Stop/Start + AFM disable
I hope they make it 👌
PM sent.

So what is a good scanner app for windows, for my 2001 Grand Prix. I seem to like the Torque Pro scanner App on Android, but IDK I tried to download this Torque Pro app for Windows, and all it did was install a bunch of B/S on my computer, then tell me Torque Pro install failed. {Funny installing the B/S didn't fail.................lol}

So what is a good scanner app for windows, for my 2001 Grand Prix. I seem to like the Torque Pro scanner App on Android, but IDK I tried to download this Torque Pro app for Windows, and all it did was install a bunch of B/S on my computer, then tell me Torque Pro install failed. {Funny installing the B/S didn't fail.................lol}
If you get an OBDLink device, it includes some software for your computer. I have downloaded it, but have not used it yet to see if it is any good. I have heard it is decent.

I just bought a OBDLink LX to use with my BMW motorcycle (using Motoscan, software made for BMW motorcycles).
I really debated getting the MX+ for the extra features, but not sure if I would use them.
I still have a few weeks left to return the LX if I want to get the MX+ instead.

Back