Oatmeal or cereal?

Happy Groundhog err,,, I mean Sunday folks
grin2.gif

Do you folks eat oatmeal or cereal? I love oatmeal, never was into cereal myself as grew up on a farm.

I usually have a apple or some yogurt with my oatmeal. How about the BITOG faithful?

GO 49'ERS!

Oatmeal is far healthier in most cases. And avoid the fluffy processed Quaker Oats....or Granola's loaded with sugars....and get something closer to the original Oat grain such as Steel Cut Oats.

This is my breakfast for everyday yes 7 days a week months on end. Many people in fitness lifestyle ar gym/athletes many will eat a constant breakfast day in and day out.
This is my daily breakfast at 5am every morning I do not eat till lunch at 11:30 no sacks also a meal that is constant every day of the week

Yes on a scale every morning

20 grams dry measured Quaker quick oats or a Bobs Red Mill equivalent
30 grams Bobs Red Mill 7 grain or the 10 grain Hot cereal
155 grams boiling water
Pinch salt
3 eggs

Add dry contents and water in bowl microwave 1min 30 seconds covered
Let Stan at least 1to2 minutes

In pan while in oatmeal's in microwave I cook 3 over easy eggs
Add in bowl stirred in and eat

I enjoy this everyday yes wife and kids think I'm nuts and rip into me but they do not live my lifestyle people wonder how it's possible to live a lean fit lifestyle it's not difficult at all and working out or cardio for that matter has much or anything to do with it.

Don't think I ever had oatmeal. When I see pictures of it, it looks like wallpaper paste so I pass. I'll have cereal as a snack out of the box, but not for breakfast. I never understood American's penchant to drown their cereal with milk though. I mean, if I want cold soup I'll get Vichyssoise.

Lately half a bowl of instant plain oatmeal(uncooked) combined with half a bowl of Aldi bran flakes, sprinkled with cinnamon, a little organic Aldi peanut butter(pretty runny since only ingredients are peanuts and sea salt) drizzled on top, a tiny bit of honey if I have it in stock, then filler up with some skim milk. Sounds more complicated than it really is and no cooking required.
smile.gif

Although I may switch to some Bob's Red Mill oatmeal to see if I can notice a difference. I had it awhile back but it seemed the same so who knows.

Originally Posted by SatinSilver
Lately half a bowl of instant plain oatmeal(uncooked) combined with half a bowl of Aldi bran flakes, sprinkled with cinnamon, a little organic Aldi peanut butter(pretty runny since only ingredients are peanuts and sea salt) drizzled on top, a tiny bit of honey if I have it in stock, then filler up with some skim milk. Sounds more complicated than it really is and no cooking required.
smile.gif

Although I may switch to some Bob's Red Mill oatmeal to see if I can notice a difference. I had it awhile back but it seemed the same so who knows.

I feel the Steel Cut from Bobs is the gold standard the rolled I can't tell difference I also like the Scottish oatmeal from Bobs

With the all out bash now days of carbs many if not all get lumped in same boat whole grains can be used in a lifestyle and healthy living. I think this group should have a separate forum for heathy ideas eating and or fitness as I think could benefit many. Problem is it becomes my way is only way this true even from so called experts not true goals for many can be different for many.
I truly believe we should push for a separate forum on the site and be all in for it call it t healthy living or something of such.

Originally Posted by Vern_in_IL
Cereal has too much sugar and Oats have excessive levels of Round-Up. LINK

Plus,,, eating Cereal or oats makes me insatiably hungry all day

I nuke a cup of Bob's RM extra thick rolled oats in 1 1/4 cups water with a sliced banana and a pinch of salt. If there is milk in the house, I will live wild and have shredded wheat and a 'nana. Ive lost 30 pounds and so far have danced around a by-pass with meds and cardio exercise. I have switched from beef to tofu and eat more vedgies and less snack foods. It has been a slow but steady improvement to quality of life. I took about 3 wks off between when the cardio program at the hospital ended and when I got the free NordicTrack set up. That hiatus set me back and I regained 5 lbs

Originally Posted by dave123
With the all out bash now days of carbs many if not all get lumped in same boat whole grains can be used in a lifestyle and healthy living. I think this group should have a separate forum for heathy ideas eating and or fitness as I think could benefit many. Problem is it becomes my way is only way this true even from so called experts not true goals for many can be different for many.
I truly believe we should push for a separate forum on the site and be all in for it call it t healthy living or something of such.
I see. So just your idea of healthy eating is should be in that forum. Healthy people eat all sorts of stuff. We also use whole grains to quickly fatten livestock to get them to market.

Originally Posted by hatt
Originally Posted by dave123
I see. So just your idea of healthy eating is should be in that forum. Healthy people eat all sorts of stuff. We also use whole grains to quickly fatten livestock to get them to market.
I never said that it's why the group probably won't work many ways to eat to stay healthy or work out plans no carbs absolutely do keto it works low fat you bet vegetarian or just a lower carb sure many ways the list goes on and on I've done many.

Back