NY Yankee fans...

Status
Not open for further replies.
...glad we are done with 'em.

Go 'Stros!
thumbsup2.gif

That was a good series … could have gone either way and I was pretty sure it would

Sox fan here, which means:

I don't always pull for the Houston Astros, but I definitely do when they are playing the New York Yankees...

Originally Posted by 4WD
That was a good series … could have gone either way and I was pretty sure it would

Nah, not really much of a chance for it to go either way. Why? Because when the sportswriters are all writing about why the Yankees are going to take it all, they usually crash and burn. Talking about a bunch of over-paid primadonnas.

With 27 World Series championships the Yankees can go a decade or 3 without a series championship and no one will ever catch them! The Cardinals in second place with 11 have an outside chance......in the next century or two!

Originally Posted by 2015_PSD
Sox fan here, which means:

I don't always pull for the Houston Astros, but I definitely do when they are playing the New York Yankees...

While growing up in the Bronx...all of my brothers were Mets fans (and Yankee haters)….my dad was also a Yankee hater and a Red Sox fan....but that was because he spent part of his childhood in Lowell, Mass....
I went to many Mets and Yankee games as a kid but while I was a Mets fan....I didn't hate the Yankees....

Originally Posted by Hot_Ajax

Nah, not really much of a chance for it to go either way. Why? Because when the sportswriters are all writing about why the Yankees are going to take it all, they usually crash and burn. Talking about a bunch of over-paid primadonnas.

Right on!

I hated the way the yank fans acted a FOOL during this series. Bottles thrown at Astros, baseballs thrown at Astros, slurs hurled at a specific Astro pitcher, etc. IMO, the yank fans are a bunch of RODENTS.

Now, that the yanks are gone, Joe Buck must be in mourning. His slobbering adoration of the yanks was sickening. There is a thousand examples, but one summed it all up. Josh Reddick was in RF for the Astros. At a crucial point late in game 6, the yanks hit into shallow RF, everybody who saw it new it was going to drop. Somehow, Reddick flew in and dove forward making a highlight reel catch, which devastated the yanks chances that inning. What does Joe Buck say??

As soon as Reddicks astounding catch was made, Buck screamed into the mike: "AARON JUDGE MAKES INCREDIBLE PLAYS IN RIGHT FIELD!!!..." (then his voice trails off) ...and "Josh Reddick made a good one too.." which was almost drowned out by the cheers of the crowd.

First off, ANY team that beats the Yankees is one of my favorites. I can't stand them. They have always been a team that thinks they can buy championships with their deep pockets. Another reason I was rooting for the Stros is because Christopher Russo (of Mad Dog Sports) kept saying the Yankees were the better team and that they would win this series in 5 games. I love his program, and I usually agree with most of his points, but I thought he was way out in left field on this one (pun intended). Another reason is, what's not to like about the Stros? They have some great players (Altuve, Verlander, Cole, Springer, etc.), and they are fun to watch. I wish them luck in the WS, though I don't think they need it...

Last edited:
Originally Posted by gman2304
With 27 World Series championships the Yankees can go a decade or 3 without a series championship and no one will ever catch them! The Cardinals in second place with 11 have an outside chance......in the next century or two!

In that respect (and only that respect) they are much like the Green Bay Packers. The Packers own 13 NFL championships, a feat that NO other team (not even NE) will ever top...

I am a Yankee fan, but I am not bummed. They were outplayed fair and square. Thankfully I don't base my mood off the results of a game which has to direct effect on me. Being a fan of motorsports, if I was bummed when my favorite drivers didn't win I would be on suicide watch except for 2 weeks this year.

The Yankee fans are not my favorites either. It is their conduct. Just terrible how they treated the one pitcher from Houston. Then of course they beat my twins. I thought they would since they own the twins. But i didn't think they would beat Houston and they didn't. Who knows maybe the nats will win the series. I just remember the 1966 world series where the O's won in 4 with GREAT pitching. Ar I recall. I think the Dodgers only scored 2 runs in the whole series! Maybe we will get another world series like that!

Despite all the non-NY metro area hate, the yankees have made the playoffs in 16 of the last 20 years. I root for the Mets, but acknowledge how well run of an organization the Yankee are. Their fans can be a bit wild though.

Originally Posted by SeaJay
Despite all the non-NY metro area hate, the yankees have made the playoffs in 16 of the last 20 years. I root for the Mets, but acknowledge how well run of an organization the Yankee are. Their fans can be a bit wild though.

It's easy to have a well run team when you have as deep of pocket as the Yankees have...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back