Now I know why McDonalds doesn't sell grilled polish sausage sandwiches

GON

$100 Site Donor 2024
Fun watch- a lot of work to put out a grilled polish sausage sandwich. The man on the grill is impressive. I wouldn't eat an onion for a million dollars, put the pile of onions sure looks to match well next to the sausages. Storing the pork chop sandwiches and hamburgers deep inside the mountain of onions looks like great method to keep the food warm, moist, and flavorful until sold.

Last edited:
McDonalds has sold bratwurst in the past. It may have just been a Midwest thing. I remember getting them in Minnesota maybe 15 or so years ago...

JVB_Spring.jpg

There is a CA based fast food German-themed sausage place as well (IIRC). McD's sells the "McRib" so not much different than a sausage. But I recall fast food chains haven't faired well with hotdogs, I think Burger King flopped with one The local chain Teds specializes in Sahlens hotdogs but does offer sausage as well as most any other sandwich...

They need to learn how to properly clean the griddle.

My boss would have swore up a storm if he came in at opening and it was gouged up and dirty like that!

If coal miners get black lung and textile workers get white lung these grillmen must get grease lung.

Tiger Stadium (RIP) offered grilled wursts and sausages; so superior to the insulting, lukewarm dogs sold everywhere else.

I won't touch an onion or garlic either. I taste, breath, sweat, pee the odor for days. And onion/garlic breath grosses me out and don't want to offend others. Don't care about the alleged health benefits.

I grew up in Chicago. My father used to take us to Maxwell street sometimes on saturdays. It was a very colorful place. The Ashkenazi Jews dominated the commerce there. I can see the clientele has changed but the atmosphere remains the same.

Wonderful place.

I won't touch an onion or garlic either. I taste, breath, sweat, pee the odor for days. And onion/garlic breath grosses me out and don't want to offend others. Don't care about the alleged health benefits.
And people make fun when I say I won't touch cooked eggs. At least they smell bad BEFORE you eat them. Frying onions are one of best cooking aromas around.

Had fajita's last night at a local Tex Mex place. The onions were so perfectly caramelized they were as sweet as candy. The real skirt steak was wonderful with the yummy onions.

Back