No more Maxlife ATF at Walmart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The website says Maxlife multi-vehicle ATF (red jug) is sold out at Walmart at all stores near me. Can't order it online either which is unusual. Wondering if they are not selling it anymore, or maybe its a website glitch?

Was in Walmart a couple days ago and both had Maxlife ATF. Strangely one had it at $18/gallon and the other at $14/gallon. I was tempted to grab all the $14 ones but held off.

Looks like the contract was up again and they are clearing out. Hopefully they come back as its a good product that has proven to work well.

Try using brickseek to locate some. Otherwise supertech brand is solid atf. I've been running their supertech synthetic mercon LV for about 20k miles. Only trouble is that I can't find it in gallons anymore and $6.50/qt is outrageous compared to $18/gal.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
I think there's a "?" missing from the topic title

You have GOT to be kidding me??

This has come up before. It has disappeared from WM, only to pop up on the shelf again a month or two later. It will come back, in time.

My suspicion is that this time it is missing/clearing out because they're gearing up to change jug shape/design and want the old jugs gone. Just a hunch.

Indeed this has come up before and I agree, the oil, fluid and filter selection at WM isn't what it used to be. Based on a conversation I had with a WM employee in the automotive section, they stock the shelves with what sells at that particular store. Apparently people don't buy ATF at my closest Super Wally. No selection.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Mainia
You have GOT to be kidding me??

Not at all and clearly you missed why. The OP can't get it from nearby stores but others have posted that it IS available at stores near them. The subject is a statement and in this case, incorrect. Maxlife is available at Walmart.

Sometimes they have it. Sometimes they don't
21.gif

Too bad the WPP ST syn LV ATF is so overpriced. It is not worth $22! It should cost about $15, you know, less than Maxlife
mad.gif

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
Sometimes they have it. Sometimes they don't
21.gif

Too bad the WPP ST syn LV ATF is so overpriced. It is not worth $22! It should cost about $15, you know, less than Maxlife
mad.gif

Why should a product with a license, production, transport, and packaging cost equal to the competition's cost be priced 30-40% less?

Originally Posted by dave1251
Why should a product with a license, production, transport, and packaging cost equal to the competition's cost be priced 30-40% less?

Well, you know, a store brand usually costs less than a name brand. Plus, there is a difference in marketing costs as well. And of course, the volumes Walmart sells and buys at
smile.gif

AFAIK, GM does not charge any licensing fees for Dexron VI. At the most, the cost is minimal, if that.

This is one of the reasons: When we are in the local WM shopping, I always take a stroll over to that section and see if they have it in stock.
If they do I normally pickup a gallon. I try to keep 4 gallons at the house for the wife & daughters Ford Edges and the sons 2014 GMC Sierra Z71.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back