No more filter cutting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: propuckstopper
OK. I'll be the first to respond. Thanks for your previous efforts.

Anyone willing to fill in? There is? Great.

Let's move forward...

Lol, that how you deal with this!
grin.gif

No way id let anyone derail me from what I'm doing if i was you. You have helped jump start this filter cutting going on and no way no how should you stop doing it! You always do good work and are very helpful so we can see whats going on with these filters. I think i speak for most members when i say thanks for all you do and please don't quit cause some fools are trying to get you down, as people love to hate!

Originally Posted By: Trav
Don't let someone cheat you out of doing something you enjoy, your the only one that looses, forget it and just ignore them.

This.

Your contributions are valued, don't let some insignificant get under your skin. Ignore them and move on.

Originally Posted By: car51
Due to the total disrespect on this site and armchair scrutiny and total nitpicking; I will NOT be posting anymore filters off friends and families vehicles. Find some other hard working person to do it for you folks. Totally fed up and sick of the biased, one sided opinions that are tossed around "as fact" also.

Bummer; I was always looking forward to the next series of car51 filter pics.

Too bad a few know-it-alls had to ruin a good thing.

Edit: after reading the whole thread, maybe it would be best not to let the trolls win (ever). Why idiots would complain about cut filters is beyond me....oh wait they're idiots. PM sent

Last edited:
Will miss your cut and posts. There's always an ignore button to ignore the scum. I may also stop cutting filters due to the nitpicking on here, its just that some aren't appreciative of guys that spend their extra time to do these things for others.

In my 10 years of being on this forum I've thought of leaving (and left for a couple months.) I've let the "trolls" get under my skin a couple times but they are nothing but words on a computer screen. Just keep what you are doing and don't mind the negative comments.

If you ever decide to leave then, thanks for the contributions, and hopefully you do come back.

Originally Posted By: car51
One of the trolls replied in this thread which is sad

Which page? ... gotta at least give a hint. If you leave then that just tells the troll(s) that they won, which is the last thing you want them to think. Like others mentioned, there are ways to deal and play with trolls.
grin.gif

car51 just take a deep breath and a day or two off,I know you have to much in you to stop or give up, you have far more supporters than foes, besides I counting on your 20k Mobil 1 filter.
TOTO.

Adam, I can understand your frustration, but don't let it get you down.
There are a lot of people here that enjoy looking at your posts, most probably never even post a reply. Heck, look at the positive replies you have had in this thread, many of which I have never seen post in your C&P threads.
You have good pics and a big variety of filters that many never would see if you did not post them. No we don't know the efficiency and how well a cheapo filter did, but we can at least see patterns in tears, poor design and other failures that otherwise would not be seen.
Why let a few bad members ruin it for everyone?

Heck, you are why I finally got a proper filter cutter for my 4-5 filters I use a year.
Take a little time of from it if you need to, then re-evaluate. Don't worry about what edward and others have to say. Some people are unhappy and want to make other unhappy too.

I've decided I'll cut and post some filters. I'll have a Parts Plus PH 820 with silicone ADBV soon. Virgin filter I might add
wink.gif

Hi car51. I have learned a great deal looking at the cup up filters and other comments you make. I would hope you don't quite because of some "self appointed" expert. In any case I thank you for helping to educate me about filter construction and operation. Ed Hayes

Originally Posted By: Toto
car51 just take a deep breath and a day or two off,I know you have to much in you to stop or give up, you have far more supporters than foes, besides I counting on your 20k Mobil 1 filter.
TOTO.

X2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back