No Diesel Trucks after 2036 in California

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I can buy one out of state and drive it into California???
Your going to have to because there is nothing going to replace diesel trucks by 2036. A couple years ago they said they were going to have electric trucks, but they realized to get enough battery power to move a 80,000 pound truck for a few hours, the truck would weigh too much to haul any cargo, plus there would be a lack of electricity to run charging stations.

Ahh the Great State of California so nice but yet so gloomy. But hey these Law makers who are coming up with these crazy laws are what the voters of California voted for so it’s ok .

Let's see whether run-away laws can grind itself to death like a diesel.
It will be interesting to see how the cost is gonna increase once EV trucks are in.

Let's see whether run-away laws can grind itself to death like a diesel.
It will be interesting to see how the cost is gonna increase once EV trucks are in.
EV Semis are not coming to do the majority of trucking, its like carbon dioxide is a pollutant.

In reality, there are engines capable of real work, using other fuels. Interestingly enough, there was an E85 engine that was 45% Thermally Efficient, Meaning it is better than the 44% of modern diesels. Unfortunately, the fuel is nearly half as energy dense, so the fuel consumption is almost double.

In reality, there are engines capable of real work, using other fuels. Interestingly enough, there was an E85 engine that was 45% Thermally Efficient, Meaning it is better than the 44% of modern diesels. Unfortunately, the fuel is nearly half as energy dense, so the fuel consumption is almost double.
Again the lack of common sense, ethanol doesn't save anything or is any less polluting if you figure what is involved in growing grain and processing it. Diesel with current emissions are just a clean.

There is a movement towards CNG in Canada.

C20C365E-159A-438F-BAA1-6208DC8EC01B.jpeg

Diesel enginec can be concected to CNG or LPG. The MPGs may suffer. The cost will be paid by the consumers.

And don't forget the banning of small engine sales starting in January 2024.

I'm going have to start smuggling in lawn equipment from my friends living out of state.

California says no more diesel trucks to be sold in California after 2036. I heard of the lack of common sense in California but this beats the cake!
Whats even more irritating is that a company just designed and tested a new diesel engine that meets or exceeds California emissions requirements but nobody seems interested. All California wants is only battery powered vehicles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back