Nissan, Ghosn Fined $16 Million...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they go Bankrupt, they build total junk since the Renault venture, used to be one of the most reliable cars on the road, now you couldn't pay me to own one...

They have made some truly ***** cars. The only good thing used to be the frontier, since the redesign, they suck gas and have a useless bed.

Rod

Originally Posted by madRiver
The Nissan haters come out yikes!

"Haters going to hate" - Taylor swift

Seems so

I think the Japanese gov't should force the parting of Nissan from Renault and that so called alliance in return for a reduction of charges or penalties.

Only way for Nissan to reinvent themselves is to change course.

Originally Posted by Char Baby
I've heard talk of NISSAN breaking away from Renault.

I'm hoping that this is what happens, these "alliances" often times do more harm than good to these companies.
With Nissan Renault it's also a clash of cultures and national pride.

The fact is that you cannot eradicate human nature from business activities, some of which include, culture, and national pride.
Globalists are always proven wrong in the end, thank goodness.

As member[racin4ds] said, Nissan "used to be one of the most reliable cars on the road". And they were. They were a nice alternative to the typical Hon/Yotas of the day for those who wanted something different.

My SIL has had quite a few Nissan vehicles since the '80s with good success except one. And I personally like driving them myself as they fit my criteria in regards to driver & passenger comfort, ride/quiet and just the simple everydayness of a vehicle...climb in, start it up and drive away.

For one of the top 5 car builders in the world, the reliability for their trannies and some other issues does have me concerned at times.

Last edited:
I'd think Nissan breaking away from Renault a very unlikely scenario now. According to link*, in March all parties (including Mitsubishi) sat down and reached an agreement giving Nissan "greater say so" on the Alliance board. Renault now has two votes, Nissan and Mitsu one each. The former Michelin CEO, J-D Sennard has taken over for Ghosn, however he agreed to a step back to vice-chair of Nissan.

Ghosn still faces charges in Japan, and just speculating that his undisclosed compensation package came to light for SEC as a result of his arrest last year.

" 'New Start' Renault-Nissan Alliance."

It's a shame that a company such as NISSAN, who builds relatively nice cars(key word, nice), is making some poor decisions and having the quality problems while getting a bad reputation for those problems. They're getting the reputation for building the worlds worst CVT transmissions and it's all over the internet in all countries that they sell them in. I say, JUST FIX IT!

My Nissans were the best cars I ever owned.

I want to see the Japanese cars start being made in Japan again with all Japanese parts.

Originally Posted by Sayjac
I'd think Nissan breaking away from Renault a very unlikely scenario now. According to link*, in March all parties (including Mitsubishi) sat down and reached an agreement giving Nissan "greater say so" on the Alliance board. Renault now has two votes, Nissan and Mitsu one each. The former Michelin CEO, J-D Sennard has taken over for Ghosn, however he agreed to a step back to vice-chair of Nissan.

And keiretsus in Japan aren't as powerful or as influental as they were. Nissan was part of the Hitachi Group that also included Subaru. Japanese conglomerates are linked to a bank, unlike the Korean chaebols who also have tentacles in banking/finance and the government.

If Nissan breaks away from Renault, they'll have a hard time finding funding. Toyota and Mazda are in cahoots with MUFG, Mazda being part of the Sumitomo keiretsu and that major Japanese bank was formed by a merger of the financial arms between the Mitsubishi and Sumitomo groups.

Originally Posted by ragtoplvr
They have made some truly ***** cars. The only good thing used to be the frontier, since the redesign, they suck gas and have a useless bed.

Rod

yeah, but look at the Juke, its a real looker!

Said no one ever!

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
My Nissans were the best cars I ever owned.

I want to see the Japanese cars start being made in Japan again with all Japanese parts.

I have to say that in many ways, our 2 Altima's also have been the best cars I've owned, even comparing to our several Accords, Camry's & Lexus' we've owned over the years.

OR I should say at least,
as-cost effective, as nice to drive as, as comfortable to sit in as, as fuel efficient as, as reliable as...etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back