Next size smaller coolant hose from 5/8?

I'm replacing a Chrysler part number 4677673AQ, it's an oil cooler outlet hose for my '07 Pacifica that has coolant running through it. It's basically unobtainium at this point and any place that appears to have it wants $70+ for a 10 inch hose.

It has some crazy bends to it, but I'm attempting to find an off-the-shelf part that I can make work. I picked up some 5/8 heater hose but it's too loose for the fittings on this car. It's very close though, so I don't think the OEM is 1/2"; I feel that would be too tight.

Is there some metric equivalent that I should be looking for, or does 9/16 hose exist?

Chrysler used 1/2 heater hose for decades.
Being an oil cooler hose, I'm not sure it fits in that same category. Being designed when they were DiamlerChrysler, I'm scratching my head and wondering if it's metric because I know it's not 1/2 hose, but it isn't 5/8 either. 5/8 is very close to fitting but a little too sloppy and not snug enough to make a permanent repair.

Oh I missed the oil cooler part. Being mercedes it's probably a weird metric size. Can you post a pic of each end?

Pictured is the hose in question (just the last part that loops around). 5/8 has almost no resistance when installing it, 1/2 is too tight. Sure you could get 1/2" on there, but in time I'm sure it'd begin cracking where it's stretched around the nipple.

Attachments

• IMG_5793.jpg
    IMG_5793.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_5794.jpg
    IMG_5794.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 22
I'm not paying $80 for 8" of rubber hose.

The straight bulk length hose I can't use because I need something with a U or 90 degree curve to it. Trying to find something off the shelf (from another car) that I can adapt to this application. Autozone has a nice selection and they let me go back behind the counter to find what I need, I just need to know the exact size I'm looking for. Is 15mm the answer?

Attachments

• pacifica.jpg
    pacifica.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 15
The straight bulk length hose I can't use because I need something with a U or 90 degree curve to it. Trying to find something off the shelf (from another car) that I can adapt to this application. Autozone has a nice selection and they let me go back behind the counter to find what I need, I just need to know the exact size I'm looking for. Is 15mm the answer?
14 mm is very close to 9/16" - about halfway between 1/2 and 5/8".

Back