NewEngland vs KC what a 4th quarter/ and OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't have to like the Pats but if you don't respect what they have accomplished then your not really a NFL fan. Back when the 49ers had their dynasty is was the same way, by the time Young took over every one was fairly sick of them winning.

Another "no call" for push off by Gronkoswki on that 3rd down play during regulation. It's possibly the worst GD "no call" rule in the NFL rule book and one of may reasons why is despise the NFL.

Don't get me started on Brady. There are a few QB's who would be as successful in that scheme. Is he a great QB? Absolutely, but he has benefited more than anyone from the system around him.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Duffyjr
You don't have to like the Pats but if you don't respect what they have accomplished then your not really a NFL fan. Back when the 49ers had their dynasty is was the same way, by the time Young took over every one was fairly sick of them winning.

Believe it or not a person can respect how great they are and still be sick of them winning...

What scheme?
You mean average receivers ,running back,defense?
Yea any QB could win in that scheme.
Sure they could.

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
Another "no call" for push off by Gronkoswki on that 3rd down play during regulation. It's possibly the worst GD "no call" rule in the NFL rule book and one of may reasons why is despise the NFL.

Don't get me started on Brady. There are a few QB's who would be as successful in that scheme. Is he a great QB? Absolutely, but he has benefited more than anyone from the system around him.

Matt Cassel stepped in for Brady the year he had his knee blown out. Missed playoffs that year. Perhaps you're thinking about Joe Montana, who benefitted from Bill Walsh and his West Coast offense. Followed by Steve Young who also was successful thanks to Bill Walsh.

Originally Posted by grampi
Originally Posted by Dallas69
I like NE and I'm a Cowboy fan.
Peoples irrational hate is blinding them from enjoying a playoff run that will never be duplicated.
Brady is just amazing.

Nobody is saying Brady or the Pats aren't great, but people (other than Pats fans) are sick of seeing the Pats in the SB every year...it's way beyond getting old...

If that's all it is then will you admit that Brady is the GOAT?

Believe it or not a person can respect how great they are and still be sick of them winning...

I guess that is what I meant by liking them, believe me no one is more sick of seeing them in the SB than I am
smile.gif

Go Rams!!!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by LeakySeals
I like NE and I'm a Cowboy fan.
Peoples irrational hate is blinding them from enjoying a playoff run that will never be duplicated.
Brady is just amazing.

Nobody is saying Brady or the Pats aren't great, but people (other than Pats fans) are sick of seeing the Pats in the SB every year...it's way beyond getting old...

If that's all it is then will you admit that Brady is the GOAT?

I don't think he is, no...but I do think he's a top 5 QB...

Last edited:

I guess that is what I meant by liking them, believe me no one is more sick of seeing them in the SB than I am
smile.gif

Go Rams!!!

I don't know about that. My most hated team is the Cowboys, and that's because I'm a Redskins fan, but if Dallas was playing NE in the SB, I'd root for Dallas...

smile.gif

Go Rams!!!

I don't know about that. My most hated team is the Cowboys, and that's because I'm a Redskins fan, but if Dallas was playing NE in the SB, I'd root for Dallas...

Well as it's been made pretty clear so far, your hatred transcends logic.

What scheme?
You mean average receivers ,running back,defense?
Yea any QB could win in that scheme.
Sure they could.

Yeah, look how well Matt Cassel did!

Oh, wait...

Matt Cassel stepped in for Brady the year he had his knee blown out. Missed playoffs that year. Perhaps you're thinking about Joe Montana, who benefitted from Bill Walsh and his West Coast offense. Followed by Steve Young who also was successful thanks to Bill Walsh.

Yeah...and went from 16-0 to 11-5!

Originally Posted by Jarlaxle

Yeah...and went from 16-0 to 11-5!

So what about going from 16-0 to 11-5. That means nothing because they went 10-5 the year after and 10-6 two years prior to the 16-0 season.

Do you think Brady would've been as successful at the Browns, Jets, Miami or how about Tennessee? IMO the answer is an emphatic NFW. IMO a QB like Payton Manning, Matt Ryan, Alex Smith, or Phillip Rivers could have been just as successful at New England. The biggest thing about the Patriots is that they keep their QB's upright. Brady can't get out of the way of a garbage truck so protection has been paramount and so has being able to get the ball out quick. The Pats use short receivers who can get a little separation, run a lot of crossing routes, and/or bender routes at 10-20 yds. A QB with confidence in his O-line is almost unbeatable.

Originally Posted by Wolf359
Well as it's been made pretty clear so far, your hatred transcends logic.

Maybe to those looking through Pats colored glasses...

Andy Reid won the coin toss, had control of the ball before the game even started. And what did he do? He gave the ball to the GOAT.

Why Andy why?
spankme2.gif

I was thinking the same, run ONE more play.

But I understand the logic, control what you can control. Too many things can go wrong and then they don't get to kick it.

I don't blame the officiating, but the KC defense. Lining up offsides and negating a 3rd and long interception that would have been the game ending play to me is the biggest pole in the tent.

KC had all sorts of chances to close out the game and didn't do it.

And I was rooting for KC. I certainly didn't want to see a Rams vs Pats Superbowl. Just too much pain for this STL area native.

I'll probably do something other than football on 3 Feb.

Originally Posted by Black_Thunder
I think the Chiefs could have done it had they ran one more play instead of kicking the field goal with 11 seconds left.

I think the whole sudden death OT in a play-off game is a bit unfair, especially since winning the coin toss is a big factor allowing first ball possession. They should play OT in a play-off like they do in the regular season, but play to the end of each OT period until one team wins since a tie game couldn't be allowed in a play-off. That process would be more fair then hinging the winner off the coin toss or not. Give both teams the true opportunity to show playing skills with possession of the ball.

Also, IMO a blatant pass interference should be able to be challenged by the coaches for a replay review. That hit was also an obvious helmet to helmet hit, which is also against play rules. So many mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back