New Way To Wash A Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the guy that recommended using Purple Power Boat Vehicle Wash for car washes & Purple Power Degreaser to use on the wheels.

Originally Posted by painfx
This is the guy that recommended using Purple Power Boat Vehicle Wash for car washes & Purple Power Degreaser to use on the wheels.

If this is the case I would not be following his advice.

I understand the whole saving water idea but its called the water cycle. Once the water evaporates it doesn't disappear forever. Its not like your wasting 40 gallons. You will get it back.

Originally Posted by joegreen
I understand the whole saving water idea but its called the water cycle. Once the water evaporates it doesn't disappear forever. Its not like your wasting 40 gallons. You will get it back.

Right? I live in MN. No shortage of water.

Originally Posted by 2010Civic
Originally Posted by joegreen

Right? I live in MN. No shortage of water.

+3
This guy is trying to be the next Scotty Kilmer.

"I love you all". Jeez. I save water by having high efficiency toilets, shower heads, washers, dishwashers, etc. I even turn the water off while brushing my teeth. I wash my daily driver once a month, maybe.

He mentioned having a separate bucket of water for wheels and tires. I just make those the last things I wash after the rest of the car.

Originally Posted by David2431
Loving those rust hiders on the bed of that $60,000 truck!

Haha! I was thinking the same thing.

Although I haven't seen the newer GM trucks with rust yet (at least on the body panels). Now the frames are a different story. And I live in the rust belt.

I think for engine bays and wheel wells during winter this is a nice option. He's crazy for using degreasers on the car.

Umm, some people are missing the bus on why a low water method of washing your car would be desirable. In some cities it's illegal to wash your car in your driveway with any type of soap. The reason is that the the soapy water goes into the storm sewer which in most cities empties into a body of water such as the nearest river.

I'm not interested in arguing the point from the environmental standpoint, just clarifying what the law is in some urban jurisdictions.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Umm, some people are missing the bus on why a low water method of washing your car would be desirable. In some cities it's illegal to wash your car in your driveway with any type of soap. The reason is that the the soapy water goes into the storm sewer which in most cities empties into a body of water such as the nearest river.

I'm not interested in arguing the point from the environmental standpoint, just clarifying what the law is in some urban jurisdictions.
smile.gif

True.

Also in the winter time you could fill up a bucket and avoid using a hose which a power washer requires. Fill it with distilled water. Even in the warmer months this would be good to use.

I like that it doesn't put out excessive amounts of water, especially for engine bay cleaning.

I'm debating on whether this or an air compressor with a tornador would be most valuable. I want to get a system down for maximum efficiency because I don't want to be spending a lot of time detailing if I don't have to. Work smarter not harder.

I'd like to see the long-term results of washing a black truck using this method. I'm estimating it will eventually look like you washed it with 800 grit sandpaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back