New Way To Wash A Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by WylieCoyote
I'd like to see the long-term results of washing a black truck using this method. I'm estimating it will eventually look like you washed it with 800 grit sandpaper.

Why? It won't marr the paint. If you listened to what he said you can actually put your hand right in front of it and it doesn't hurt. Unless you mean because it won't clean it well enough.

Originally Posted by buster
Work smarter not harder.

thumbsup2.gif
I must use that quote about a dozen times a week.

It's great for ONR.

That car looks pretty clean to begin with. When it's been a month btwn washes and the car is outside all the time I'd prefer a traditional wash. I've done the rinseless and waterless washes but prob two weeks max btwn cleanings.

Originally Posted by SatinSilver
It's great for ONR.

That car looks pretty clean to begin with. When it's been a month btwn washes and the car is outside all the time I'd prefer a traditional wash. I've done the rinseless and waterless washes but prob two weeks max btwn cleanings.

I agree the ONR seems to only work well on cars that are only slightly dirty.

Two bucket traditional wash is going to be the best.

I was going to get an air compressor with the Tornador but I'm leaning towards the airless paint sprayer. I've been taking the truck to the beach a bit and sand is making its way into everything as expected. Rather then buy an air compressor, I could use the airless paint sprayer and clean the engine with minimal water as well as wheels/wheel wells. It's also very small and I could do quick washes in the winter time with just a bucket.

Thanks Buster. Scott is a renowned detailer in the Dallas area, I have followed his tips for years.
What folks here fail to realize is that he is washing up to five vehicles a day, every day. I think his idea is excellent but, like many here, I'm not going to cough up for the apparatus or distilled water. For him it's perfect as a professional. For the rest of us maybe not so much. Had this been an alternative when I detailed for a living I would have jumped on it.

No problem.
cheers3.gif

Here is another video.

This and a BigBoi Buddi are two small portable machines that would make detailing much easier for me. *This machine has limitations. It wont' replace a true power washer, but it does offer some unique advantages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back