New VW TDI 100Hp PD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked my new TDi yesterday. The new PD engine rocks !! I started the car hours later to go to work, the thing cranked and started immediately . It's like -25F tonight and only cycled the plugs twice.

I heard that the PD's have had trouble with biodiesel in europe! I wonder what the dealer says about it.

Also, its funny how the mileage listing is lower for the PD than the previous common rail model.

If you can, email me at [email protected] of what mileage you get after a bit of driving.

Btw, how much was the final price? I would love to have a TDI, maybe ill get a used jetta.

I will be moving back to NYC, which also doesnt have the new tdi, But id rather get a used one!

Saw a 1999 6k with 115k miles, and others around 9k normally(80k miles avg). What's a good mileage to get these cars at?

I heard the 99.5 and up models are the best (A4), and the older ones arent as powerful. What do you guys think?

I have a 1995 civic to trade in, the auto trans is slightly whining based on revs betw 3000-4000rpm(argh!). Maybe the dealer won't make a big deal?

I own an 2003 A4 Golf TDI with an automatic. This car is a kick in the butt to drive. Every morning on my way to work I can't wait for the engine temps reach 195 so I can exercise the turbo a little.

Last winter the coldest it got here was 10*f but the car started right up with a single glow cycle.

Mine is 11 months old with 26,000 miles and has a life time MPG of 41.8459. And I drive it moderately hard with 50 highway miles at 75 mph and 10 city miles daily.

Check out tdiclub.com but come back here for an unbiased lubrication education.

For what is worth these TDIs are not short commute cars. Lots of the people that have reliability issues are short commute types where the car never gets fully warmed up. Thats not particularly good for any car but seems especially bad for these TDIs.

If I got the TDI, the weekday commutes might be 5 miles or so, depending on jobsite. But, I love driving so on weekends and/or nights I'd take it for a 20 mile run! Is that enough to burn off any crap? Or perhaps just change the oil at 5k or 7500k to get rid of the extra soot/acids? Delvac 1 would be my first choice, then Mobil 1 0w40.

Robert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back