New to us van

So full disclosure the day we went to sign on the Journey we were going to buy my wife got some news about her leg. She has severe nerve damage from a spinal tap gone wrong. She may be off work for awhile and well we didn't want to take on another car loan with the uncertainty with her health. So we paid 3,000 cash for an 06 grand caravan. Had 100,500 miles it was an older ladies she bought it in late 06 with 17,000 miles on it. She passed away a couple months back and the family was selling it lucky me!! The only thing It needs is a new serpentine belt it's old and I'm changing the plugs and wires. Fluids were all just done 5,000 miles ago. Tires are about 5/32 so I'll plan on doing them before winter. Overall very very happy with this purchase.

7727B6AE-6584-4B11-9FE0-AD4194AB38EA.jpeg

3B8D5128-6BA2-42A5-BDFD-E6797F5DCDE5.jpeg

16931C81-B623-4730-9BDD-E1051CA44377.jpeg

Didnt see this coming /sarcasm.
grin2.gif
grin2.gif

looks reasonably well kept the most you would be out is 2500 or so (3000-scrap price)

I'd say well done.

PS. minivans are awesome to transport anything in.. sliding doors and folding/removable seats ftw.

Originally Posted by IndyIan
That's the kind of van I'd get. Looks good, and it has the full stow and go seats? Hope your wife gets better soon!

Yes it does the stow in go looks like it's never been used. The rear seats I'm pretty sure have never been used either. She's definitely clean!

Originally Posted by Rand
Didnt see this coming /sarcasm.
grin2.gif
grin2.gif

looks reasonably well kept the most you would be out is 2500 or so (3000-scrap price)

I'd say well done.

PS. minivans are awesome to transport anything in.. sliding doors and folding/removable seats ftw.

Yea seems to be my life. We were literally 2 hours away from signing paper work and got the results of her leg. We thought it was no big deal and would work itself out because that was basically what the doctor had said and then bam!! Complete 180 degree turn. So I'm glad we got the news prior to financing a car. It worked out . This van was just a god send. Usually it's tough to find decent stuff around here without putting serious effort in but this was the first one we even looked at.

Nice van, you're more than capable of repairs, and you should have some money left over if it needs a couple things, so this is a solid choice IMO.

I had a 2006 Chrysler T&C from work that was very reliable and comfortable. Hated to trade it. Hauled anything I put in it or on it roof rack hauled my 16' deck boards. Had 186K on it when traded. Had a bad EGR once and a bad window switch. Only problems ever.

Looks nice. Yeah, those plugs & wires are due at 100k...replace with double plats and you're good for another 100k. The back 3 are a bit of a pain, but not too bad. Some guys pull the wiper module to replace them, but I didn't...personal preference. Any questions, just ask. We had an '05 T&C and it was pretty good to us.

Looks clean! Nothing better than finding a minivan owned by empty nesters. 3.8 is a great motor too. Pushrods ftw!

The van looks nice .

But what kind of treatment are the doctors talking about for your Wife ? Prayers for her complete and rapid recovery .

That's a good buy. Looks nice.

I think you were wise to go with a cash purchase on a modest vehicle vs. taking on debt for a new one in your circumstance.

Well done.

Smart buy. Most likely the former owners drove it gently and serviced it regularly. It should be a keeper.

I hope your wife's situation resolves itself quickly.

Neighbor has a similar vehicle so I would tell you to.....:

Deeply inspect the brakes. I found the pin boots to be real thin. One was torn and a competent parts shop had zillions of boots but none for the Chrysler front brakes. Relube the pins.

Coolant? Brake Fluid? Battery level? Trannie fluid? Who did the maintenance?

Best of luck with your wife's condition.

Back