New to us van

Good score. Even if you keep that van for a few years only, you'll be able to sell it quickly. By that model year all the bugs were worked out.

Hope you wife gets well soon,.

Good find. I drove a 2006 T&C as a work vehicle, same color as yours. It was reliable vehicle, we used to take it across country often and it never let us down. The 3.8 is simple and reliable and doesn't require much maintenance other than fluid changes.

Looks good. Keep an eye on the motor oil, IIRC those 3.8's can burn a bit. That leaves the trans and/or front diff. From what I understand though, those 4AT's got better as time went on--but they are still a problem. Hopefully you will never need to--but you might want to find a jar to toss money into, just in case, that unit decides to act up. Also minivans tend to be hard on tires, so just be ready to replace often.

But--with the money you saved on not financing something much, this shouldn't be a problem. If anything, calculate what you would be paying and every month, drop that into the jar. Before long any repair will be annoying but trivial.

Good luck! Sounds like a solid score.

Great score and perfect timing. Prayer said and sent for your wife to heal/recover. With that mileage, should take care of your Family for years to come hopefully. As others mentioned -- change ALL fluids out and start fresh.
wink.gif

Nice find to rescue your situation- much better than a Journey with payments!

Up here, those are rusted to bits years ago - rare to see the old body style.

As others have said, watch the oil level carefully. What are you planning to run in it?

Friend of my wife's husband picked one of these up for them (he was/is a mechanic, but they are divorced now) as her DD. VERY similar situation to here, was owned by an elderly couple and in surprisingly good condition. It gave them absolutely fantastic service and I think she drove it down east when they moved?

I think you did great with that van. Figure out the weak spots and address them, and then drive it!

Back