New seafoam oil stabilizer at AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Chesterr
I bought the sf oil stabilizer and it is much thinner than old stp and I assume safe for modern engines

I have no experience with any 'oil stabilizers'... is it tacky OP???

from my experience Hy-per Lube Oil Supplement, formulated in the 1950's, it's very tacky from petroleum derived polymer tactifiers I think... currently only using it to lube my Craftsman hand rachets
smirk.gif

Forrest Lucas got rich from thanks in part to his little hand cranked display with gears at auto part stores back in the day
56.gif

watch Car Wizard of Hoovie's Garage dump a quart of Lucas Synthetic Oil Stabilizer in a Bentley
lol.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL2ulZBVN1s at the 17:45 min mark

Originally Posted by discountdon
Here's the SDS for Seafoamâ„¢ Synthetic Oil Treatment OS32:

https://imgur.com/a/Nfgh37t

Component / CAS / No. Conc (wt%)
Lubricating oils (petroleum) C20-50, hydrotreated, neutral oil-based [72623-87-1] (80 - 90%)
Bis(nonylphenyl)amine [36878-20-3] (1 - 2%)
Distillates (petroleum), solvent-dewaxed heavy paraffinic [64742-65-0] (< 1%)
Zinc O,O,O',O'-tetrakis(1,3-dimethylbutyl) bis(phosphorodithioate) [2215-35-2] (< 1%)
Zinc bis[O,O-bis(ethylhexyl)] bis (dithiophosphate [4259-15-8] (< 1)
Amides, coco, N,N-bis(hydroxyethyl)-, reaction products with coco monoglycerides and molybdenum oxide [445409-27-8] (< 1%)
Distillates (petroleum), hydrotreated heavy napthenic [64742-52-5] (< 1)
Diphenylamine [122-39-4] (< 0.1)

Appearance: Amber liquid
Odor: Mild Petroleum
Flash Point: > 135°C / 275°F
Density: 0.9 mg/cu. cm @15.6°C
Viscosity: ~ 9 cSt @ 100°C

57.gif

Ok, so it contain two Anti-oxidants (which modern motor oils contain), ZDDP (which modern motor oils contain), MoDTC (which modern motor oils contain), and a mixture of refined base oils (which modern motor oils contain).

So what's the big deal?

Originally Posted by MolaKule
Ok, so it contain two Anti-oxidants (which modern motor oils contain), ZDDP (which modern motor oils contain), MoDTC (which modern motor oils contain), and a mixture of refined base oils (which modern motor oils contain).

So what's the big deal?

It's foam, collected at the sea?
crazy2.gif

Seems to me a bottle of STP blue does pretty much the same and for cheaper. 🤔

Last edited:
Seems like really thin oil to me....I had 100 dollar az gift certificate so I blew 16.99 on this seafoam because I like trying new oil products by a reputable company. . Wont hurt my 05 cavalier and might help, mixed it with supertech synthetic...cav has 117k and engine is smooth but I baby it with 4k ocis. Only problem is yellow moisture in cold nh winters ...I expect motor and tran to go another 100k if I keep it that long.

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Originally Posted by MolaKule

So what's the big deal?

It's foam, collected at the sea?
crazy2.gif

Seems to me a bottle of STP blue does pretty much the same and for cheaper. 🤔

the placebo effect has been proven effect

Sea Foam executives are all comissioning new yachts!

Last edited:
what really bugs me is the SDS Seafoam Sales emailed me in .pdf format: "Seafoam Synthetic Oil Treatment OS32" and not 'Seafoam Ultimate Oil Stabilizer Full Synthetic' as LABELED on the shelves...

well... I guess the "OS32" stands for 'Oil Stabilizer 32oz'

This product is also not on the manufacturer's website either, why the hush-hush if it's just simply an Autozone exclusive???

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Chesterr
Seems like really thin oil to me....I had 100 dollar az gift certificate so I blew 16.99 on this seafoam because I like trying new oil products by a reputable company. . Wont hurt my 05 cavalier and might help, mixed it with supertech synthetic...cav has 117k and engine is smooth but I baby it with 4k ocis. Only problem is yellow moisture in cold nh winters ...I expect motor and tran to go another 100k if I keep it that long.

does it have have tactifying qualities OP? meaning is it tacky between your fingers? thanks...

They also have actual SeaFoam in a larger can, too.

Stands that much more a chance of having someone mess up their engine.

I'm going to Buy it along with a can of seafoam. See if they are different. My snowblower likes seafoam So does the lawn tractor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back