New plugs in 2012 Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious if anyone can comment from actual experience if the iridium or ruthenium version simply provide more longevity or actual performance enhancement. I recently changed the OEM NGK plugs on my 95 Maxima to the same, laser platinum plugs they offer. The car has noticeably more pick-up but I wonder if that would have been even more pronounced with the iridium option. (Ruthenium not an option for my car).

A few months ago I replaced the factory spec'd spark plugs in both a 2009 Ford Escape Hybrid and a 2011 Honda CR-V with the new NGK Ruthenium plugs.
I cannot speak to their longevity but the performance change was noticeable, smoother idle, etc. Fuel economy seems a bit better. My son's Escape was having performance issues (also pulled and cleaned the elect throttle body) and the Honda plugs were factory installed with about 50,000 + miles but nine years old. They showed similar signs of "blow by?" pictured above.
Having experienced the "apparent" performance increase in responsiveness in both vehicles, I would definitely purchase them again. Surprisingly, I got them both on sale at that online parts dealer in Wisconsin that has "all the parts your car will ever need".
YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back