Not open for further replies.

wemay

Site Donor 2023
New label

20200705_111013.jpg

20200705_111018.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted by IndyFan
Any pics of the "regular" EP version? That's a great price, btw, considering it is a 20k mile oil.

This is the replacement for the 15k mile EP. This was all they had (5w-30) as the shelves were bare in the M1 section.

I like the looks of this oil for sure. Does this latest version retain the "thick for grade" formulation?

On that front label.... It's actually not correctly labeled...

It has 5w30 on it....

It should technically have SAE in front of that 5w30. Nit picky. Sure. But the Petroleum Quality Institute of America has gotten on others for not having SAE in front of the grade of oil.

I like the new label look a lot though otherwise.

Originally Posted by bbhero

It has 5w30 on it....

It should technically have SAE in front of that 5w30. Nit picky. Sure. But the Petroleum Quality Institute of America has gotten on others for not having SAE in front of the grade of oil.

Would Exxon-Mobil even stand-up to SAE and refuse to pay for their certification?
Nah..... no way......

I saw the 0w20 version of this oil in my local WM today...that was the only grade they had..

Originally Posted by wemay
Any pics of the "regular" EP version? That's a great price, btw, considering it is a 20k mile oil.

This is the replacement for the 15k mile EP. This was all they had (5w-30) as the shelves were bare in the M1 section.

I know, I meant the new non-high mileage EP. Not the old EP.

I´m happy to see the price on this stuff. I won´t mind paying 25 bucks for a jug for my Pentastar.

Originally Posted by 4WD
SAE who ?
Last one on Mustang is 4 year old oil

Good oil / oil filter combination for an awesome car
thumbsup2.gif

I know, I meant the new non-high mileage EP. Not the old EP.

I´m happy to see the price on this stuff. I won´t mind paying 25 bucks for a jug for my Pentastar.

Oh, gotcha. No this was it for now.

It has 5w30 on it....

Good point. I wonder if they're allowed because it says it on the back label. TomNJ could answer that, I'm sure.

I don't love the new label, I think the old one looked classier.

I'm generally not a fan of change, so that could have something to do with it too.

As for the actual oil, I'm on the fence about it too. (the old version) Turned in a pretty good UOA on the Acura and a not so good one on the Ranger. I just put my last bottle of the old stuff in the Acura today...

It has 5w30 on it....

Good point. I wonder if they're allowed because it says it on the back label. TomNJ could answer that, I'm sure.

Yeah like you said... It is on the back in the normal format.

All y'all getting all cracked up over it being pointed out as not up to the normal expectation... Relax... Take a Ativan and chill.

lol.gif

I don't seriously think it's anywhere remotely a major issue or concern.

It just caught my eye this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back