New highway car?

The best bang for the buck luxury car cruiser will probably be one of these two vehicles.

2020 Chrysler 300 S vs. 2018 Genesis G80 V6

The Genesis doesn't ride at all like a Kia/Hyundai product. It's supple, very luxurious, almost what Buick and Oldsmobile could have been if they had enbraced a high tech sporty demeanor in their luxury vehicles. A good friend of mine named Alex Dykes recommends them, and as the co-developer of the Long-Term Quality Index I do as well.

The Chrysler 300 is a great road car. The seats are worlds better than the Avalon (which has thin padding), and the value quotient with full-size cars remaining unpopular is very strong. Normally I don't recommend many Chryslers but the 300 is definitely a standout. The 300C

I also own 48 Hours And A Used Car. A Facebook site which specializes in 2016 and newer vehicles. So if you want to get a late model full-size car at the wholesale auctions, I'm based in the Atlanta area.

All the best!

Steven Lang

I enjoy your posts Cujet, and am genuinely interested to see what gets picked as I know we'll get good info on how it treats you.

Keep us tuned in please sir.

UD

An Automobile Magazine review I read mentions it as a legitimate (albeit a bit less sporty, maybe) competitor to the A4.

I also liked the fact that Car & Driver said that it pulls all the way to its 6800-RPM redline. That was one thing that drove me nuts about my 2016 WRX - due to the type of turbo and the tuning, there Was little point in revving it all the way to redline, because power signed off well before you got there.

Honda’s tuning is just better; my wife’s Civic with the 1.5T revs happily to redline, and makes power all the way to that point.

Last edited:
I will have to find an Accord Sport 2.0 manual to drive. I don’t like the seats in the Accord though. Maybe the sport has better options.

I will have to find an Accord Sport 2.0 manual to drive. I don’t like the seats in the Accord though. Maybe the sport has better options.
We had a 2014 Accord Sport, the previous generation without turbo, and the seats were like a solid B+ for long drive comfort. Where it lacked was in road noise comfort and of course just a front wheel drive is not the most exciting. The upgrade to the Regal TourX brought slightly better seats, much more noise comfort, the lane keeping and radar cruise tech, just an all around highway upgrade. Plus being able to put 295lb of torque down rain or shine curve or straight is priceless. The regular Regal is a big hatchback and can be had in just front wheel drive for pretty cheap yet is made in germany by Opel, for 2018+ if you don't want AWD considering how many miles you put on.

Just from my experiences with powerful front wheel drives, its quite disappointing to have power that can't be put to the ground very well. RWD is king, a front wheel based all wheel drive is also decent. You could probably get good MPG on the accord platform but you may be dissapointed considering what the new 2.0 turbo manuals cost to buy. 9th Gen accord sport is really cheap now and bullet proof in the manual for about 12k or so, but not ideal for highway comfort.

The Regal GS would be really boss if you can find one at a good price. 4 year 50k factory warranty, 6 year 70k powertrain, and many are low miles. They have even nicer seats than the other regals and you get a V6 engine instead of turbo. Guaranteed not to park next to another one ever!

Last edited:
I was told a Prius gets better the faster it goes. But I never owned one either.
Prius is aerodynamic but low power so if you push high speeds like 80+ they can be worse than a more powerful gas vehicle. At certain speeds a Corvette would be more efficient.

Prius is aerodynamic but low power so if you push high speeds like 80+ they can be worse than a more powerful gas vehicle. At certain speeds a Corvette would be more efficient.
Your right. I heard they fan get 30mpg. But also, I never owned one either. Lol

As I said before, I've had three Fusions as company cars recently, and a couple of dozen others prior to that.

I drove over 2,000 miles last week and will drive over 2,000 next week.

A CPO car at a good price with an unlimited mileage warranty would be great, but cars driven this many miles in a short period of time have far fewer warranty claims.

Camrys, Accords, Fusions and other similar hybrids are excellent vehicles for this use. I do like driving Chrysler 300s on the highway though, you just pay for it at every fill up. Which is the same for every vehicle as you move up in size.

You add up the difference in cost for each and see if that number can be justified in the incremental difference in comfort.

Back