New frontier 4.0 V6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Anthony
Originally Posted by passgas55
Picked it up today. I plan on letting the dealer do the first 3 oil changes at 5k miles increments.I may just stay with them
or do it myself. I need to find out what oil they use. They say after my free one oil changes are $32.99. I will stay with the 5/30 under warranty
but will switch over to a 10/30 after. Looks like the specs are pretty easy at SN. As a side note I just hate no auto trans. check stick.

There is a trans dipstick on the passenger side. It's bolted down with a 10mm bolt.

I happen to notice it when I was checking things under the truck. It comes with a drain plug on the transmission too. I must had been thinking of another truck
about the trans. check stick. I been looking at so many makes of trucks.

Originally Posted by Kira
A brand new 2019 Frontier you say? Best of luck with it. What trim level? What color? Roughly how much?

I got a kingcab, desert runner, silver and about $22,700 plus tax, lic. Came with bedliner and hitch package, Also has locking lug nuts.
First full tank mileage shows 21.94 mpg by pencil. I wanted the SV kc with the 6 but could not find one locally so I ended up with a Desert Runner.

Originally Posted by dnewton3
This is the PCMO forum; passenger car motor oil. Thread conversations should focus on actual motor oil topics; not thinly veiled ruses about life swirling around oneself. This ins't the "hey I got a new vehicle and want to blabber about it" forum. In fact, we don't have a specific forum for that. Stuff that belongs on (what I like to call) FarceBook and InstaGarbage should stay there, not here.

I don't see what the problem is. He described what vehicle he bought (which is what people always ask here before they give oil advice),he stated what the dealership does oil change-wise,then stated he wants to do his own oil changed with 5W,maybe 10W30,and wanted to see what people thought. I observed no Facebook or Instagram narcissism.

A brand new 2019 Frontier you say? Best of luck with it. What trim level? What color? Roughly how much?

I got a kingcab, desert runner, silver and about $22,700 plus tax, lic. Came with bedliner and hitch package, Also has locking lug nuts.
First full tank mileage shows 21.94 mpg by pencil. I wanted the SV kc with the 6 but could not find one locally so I ended up with a Desert Runner.

Does it have their utilitrack system? My crew cab had that and I miss it most of all! Very awesome accessory in my opinion!

Originally Posted by K20FA5

Does it have their utilitrack system? My crew cab had that and I miss it most of all! Very awesome accessory in my opinion!

No it don't. In fact I was thinking of installing a top rail like in my old truck but I don't want to add extra height to reaching into the bed of the truck.
I don't think I can do the track system with the plastic liner.

Congrats! They are a nice truck and about as old school as they come, having been pretty much unchanged forever. That's a great thing IMO. I like driving my FIL's 2017 Frontier crew cab 4x4, long bed. Glad to hear they still have the transmission dipstick for 2019.

I don't think you're going to average ~21mpg tank/tank, but you never know. I don't think my FILs ever does better than 17mpg fillup to fillup and that's with mostly highway travel with factory all season tires aired up to door jamb specs, maybe a tad more.

Mini 6 month review 5,600 miles:

Pro's
Great off-road. I had it in the Pine Barrens and beach several times.
Seating position is nice and high compared to Tacoma
Low end torque is great
Trans shifting is sharp and on point. Never hunts
So far so good reliability
Can run any oil without a problem (currently 4k on RGT)

Cons
Horrendous gas mileage. I drive all local and 7 miles to work. I'm not doing a hand calculation which is more accurate but per the computer read out its around 14.5-15 mpg.
Interior plastics are a bit cheap looking however they are easy to clean
Transmission is a bit finicky around 35-45mph when the torque converter locks up. (I often turn O/D off when driving under 45 mph locally)

I enjoy having this truck and I've been using it a lot as intended. I've moved a lot of furniture and also some bushes/plants. I've also taken it off road. I don't beat on it at all though. It's still factory new. My plan has been to keep the truck 3 years then eventually move back into something more economical - Crosstrek and CX-30 on high on my list.

Originally Posted by Env1ous

But sir, do you really need help with these minor life decisions? Isn't this why the world has FB and/or IG?

Being a bro I mean no disrespect. But I cannot stand all the bro-information passed around on FB and IG. I belong to a few specific tuning groups for the ecoboost and some of the stuff said makes me want to delete everything.

At least on BITOG, you get some run around, but mostly really sound knowledge and opinions who actually have information on said topic and know what they are saying *mileage may vary* lol

This is the PCMO forum; passenger car motor oil. Thread conversations should focus on actual motor oil topics; not thinly veiled ruses about life swirling around oneself. This ins't the "hey I got a new vehicle and want to blabber about it" forum. In fact, we don't have a specific forum for that. Stuff that belongs on (what I like to call) FarceBook and InstaGarbage should stay there, not here.

Honestly I'm tired of your blabbering.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm

I don't see what the problem is. He described what vehicle he bought (which is what people always ask here before they give oil advice),he stated what the dealership does oil change-wise,then stated he wants to do his own oil changed with 5W,maybe 10W30,and wanted to see what people thought. I observed no Facebook or Instagram narcissism.

Yup I agree, that's why this section is for vehicle discussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back