New coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm drinking the Black Buffalo blend this morning. A very decent cup. This is another medium roast. It seems to be one step below Blackbeard's Delight in that regard. Some acidity. Less aroma.

My preference is still towards the Beyond Black. I have always favored a darker roast.

Originally Posted by SatinSilver
Originally Posted by Direct_Rejection
My brewing method is whole beans, fresh ground in my Krupps grinder, brewed in my stainless steel, single serving, French Press. This coffee has such complexity of flavor, that is still easy to get into.

What brand French press is it? Thanks!

1. Sterling Pro 1L.
2. Starbucks thermos with built in French Press 0.5L (for portability).

Death Punch is very nice. I'm drinking a cup of coffee ater dinner now, I like these so much. I haven't done that at home for years.

Brewed up Black Buffalo tonight decent cup great flavor and aroma worth the price debatable good cup yes little hyped up yea I think so can't wait to try others I've ordered.

Originally Posted by dave123
Brewed up Black Buffalo tonight decent cup great flavor and aroma worth the price debatable good cup yes little hyped up yea I think so can't wait to try others I've ordered.

I finished up my Black Buffalo this week and had ordered 3 bags of Beyond Black. It's slightly cheaper plus the darker roast suits my taste preference.

If you have a iPhone, check the App Store for the BRCC app. It's free, plus when you first sign in a 15% discount is applied as a thanks for downloading the app.

I noticed that the new batch of BB I ordered came from Tennessee versus Utah. The coffee was the same however. Their roast in time order process is very good.

I've been getting 2lb bags of beans off ebay. Tried 4 different kinds so far. None have been bad and much better that what I can get tin the grocery store. A little pricey but great aroma and flavor. Time to order some more.

This was my last buy. Dark Brazil Cerrado Coffee, Whole Bean Coffee, Fresh Roasted Coffee LLC.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dark-Brazil-Cerrado-Coffee-Whole-Bean-Coffee-Fresh-Roasted-Coffee-LLC/222408488458?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=521277988484&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Originally Posted by SHOZ
This was my last buy. Dark Brazil Cerrado Coffee, Whole Bean Coffee, Fresh Roasted Coffee LLC.
What were the other 3 you tried? Which one did you like best?

While really good, my local roaster has become quite expensive ($28 for 2 lbs), plus it's a PITA to have to drive out to his shop to pick it up, so I'm starting to look for alternatives.

Originally Posted by dave123

Looks like it had high caffeine levels

I'm done with Black Rifle. Every time I purchase coffee a page pops up to send people their info and if they order anything, I get five bucks off on my next order. So far, three people ordered coffee and I get an e mail from Black Rifle with a code for a five dollar discount on my next order. Every time I try and redeem it I get You cart does not qualify for this code. Guess what guys? I want coffee. NOT a hoodie or a t shirt or a cup.
Too bad. I really liked the Just Black and Death Punch.

Originally Posted by john_pifer
I like a light roast. Anybody else?

I'm hooked on dark roast coffee but lighter roasts are getting popular these days. Recently I had a cup at Bluebeard which is local to Tacoma.

https://bluebeardcoffee.com

Their coffee is a medium roast but flavorful. There are some intricate tastes going on there. The key is the freshness of the roast and the bean quality.

Originally Posted by NYEngineer
I'm done with Black Rifle. Every time I purchase coffee a page pops up to send people their info and if they order anything, I get five bucks off on my next order. So far, three people ordered coffee and I get an e mail from Black Rifle with a code for a five dollar discount on my next order. Every time I try and redeem it I get You cart does not qualify for this code. Guess what guys? I want coffee. NOT a hoodie or a t shirt or a cup.

I tend to disregard their promotions. I just want coffee too. The only discount I've used was the one for downloading their app which makes ordering much easier and for joining their coffee club.

I have 4 pounds of Beyond Black on the way but the passes are closed due to a storm.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by NYEngineer

I tend to disregard their promotions. I just want coffee too. The only discount I've used was the one for downloading their app which makes ordering much easier and for joining their coffee club.

I have 4 pounds of Beyond Black on the way but the passes are closed due to a storm.

I do like it a lot. I'll get some again later on. Not right now though. I need to stew on it.

I'm going to try out some of the other blends on my next order. Gunship, AK-47, and Freedom Fuel along with Beyond Black. I want to try out their medium roasts a bit more even though I'm a dark roast fan.

Their coffee club service works pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back