New Android Vulnerability Found

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://arstechnica.com/information...nes-under-active-attack-by-bank-thieves/

So I was trying to summarize the linked article to my wife in an easy to understand way, making sure she doesn't let Google Chrome save passwords on her workstation at work, since the vulnerability could potentially exploit saved logins across devices. She says, no never, I always tell Chrome no when it asks to save passwords. She goes on to say, I keep all my passwords and usernames in an Excel file on my computer [workstation]. Me: Is this Excel file encrypted? Her: no, why would it need to be? After suppressing the urge to emit a primal scream, I tactfully and nicely convinced her to delete it and clear the recycle bin, change all the passwords (including to our online banking which she accesses from work). And gently told her not to warehouse login info that way anymore.

I'm going to see if she can setup a password keeper like Last Pass on her workstation. Unencrypted excel file. Holy hacker heaven, Batman !!!

Originally Posted by zzyzzx
Only a moron does financial transactions from a phone.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. To the OP, I've used LastPass for years, and it has worked well for me.

Originally Posted by dkryan
Hey LR,

That's worse than buying whole life insurance! ...

Yep!!

rofl !!!
lol.gif

And yet billions do so with no issues
21.gif

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
...doesn't let Google Chrome save passwords ...

I NEVER let any browser "save passwords". That shouldn't even be an option. It's for lazy people. I don't even allow my browsers to detect my location, lol.

I've got a hack proof way to save passwords: A pen & a sheet of paper. No one but no one so far has been able to hack into it.
48.gif

Originally Posted by Pelican
I've got a hack proof way to save passwords: A pen & a sheet of paper. No one but no one so far has been able to hack into it.
48.gif

I do the same. Put that paper somewhere where nobody can find it and call it Grocery list lol.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Originally Posted by LoneRanger
...doesn't let Google Chrome save passwords ...

I NEVER let any browser "save passwords". That shouldn't even be an option. It's for lazy people. I don't even allow my browsers to detect my location, lol.

Exactly. It's disturbing every time I see that option.

I've done it, anything else you care to let me know I shouldn't be able to do!?

This forum sure has alot of folks who want to make all decisions for people ...‚🤣.

Android Security (link)

I've been reading about the Android Keystore system, and to me it looks more advanced than Solaris 11.4, which is saying something.

Anyway, thanks to the OP for posting.

Is that the same as having a combination of 12345 on your luggage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back