Need some positivity (Newthings)

I've been liking my new-ish S&W M&P M2.0 Pro Series CORE quite a bit, even more with the Apex Duty/Carry spring kit installed in it now.
I left my 2.0 Compact 40 trigger alone. That's the best trigger S&W has made for the current M&P's.
My LE Trade in 1.0 40's all have the APEX spring kits and triggers in them. Those factory triggers are hideous!
I just recently removed my APEX spring kit from my SD9 and installed a Wesbaun SD9 spring kit in it. IMHO, it's 10X better than APEX. I also added a Galloway Boudica trigger in it. She's a real tack driver. I would put it up against ANY G19, any day. ;)

Reactions: Ws6
Sorry, the light switch is turned off. 🤐
I will say this though, don't EVER try to look up explosives and other devices as such on the interweb. Not unless you want your front door kicked in at 4 AM.
I had 2 MOS in the ARMY; 11B and 62J. Each of them filled my mind with A LOT of information. 🤐

I left my 2.0 Compact 40 trigger alone. That's the best trigger S&W has made for the current M&P's.
My LE Trade in 1.0 40's all have the APEX spring kits and triggers in them. Those factory triggers are hideous!
I don't have any reference to compare the M&P v1.0 and M2.0 triggers, nor the regular M2.0 trigger vs the Performance Center tweaked trigger, but I do know it was lighter than I wanted, lighter than my G17 or my APX. The Apex spring kit bumped it from maybe four pounds to six or so, very similar to the others. It's still a 'not great' M&P trigger but at least it feels better to me now. I no longer want to shell out $175 for a complete Apex trigger.

I don't have any reference to compare the M&P v1.0 and M2.0 triggers, nor the regular M2.0 trigger vs the Performance Center tweaked trigger, but I do know it was lighter than I wanted, lighter than my G17 or my APX. The Apex spring kit bumped it from maybe four pounds to six or so, very similar to the others. It's still a 'not great' M&P trigger but at least it feels better to me now. I no longer want to shell out $175 for a complete Apex trigger.
I bought the trigger and spring kit separate from EBAY. Total was about $65 each set. I bought them for (2) 1.0 M&P 40's. I put some of my stimulus check to good use.
The SD9 Wesbaun spring kit was $14.95 and the Galloway Boudica trigger was $22.50. It's made from Carbon Fiber.

I love it.

It’s very clear, and the red dot is sharp. It wakes up when moved, goes to sleep when idle for 15 minutes. Lots range of adjustment in brightness.

EOTech bugged my eyes with the pixelated/grainy dot.

I wanted a Red Dot for the pistol, given my anticipated use. Leupold makes a great red dot.

The auto-off is one thing I wish my Burris RT-6 variable-Power scope had. It‘s very easy to forget and leave it on.

Timely thread! I've been making some changes to the AR that I built a few years back. My favorite is the replacement of the dust cover to something from one of my favorite movies, Tombstone. It's poor lighting on the picture and it added nothing functionally, but I still think it was well worth the $14!
20200823_101125.jpg
20200823_101135.jpg

Reactions: Ws6
I just ordered a PVS14, helmet, and mount. Should all arrive this week. Will order a MAWL C1+ in a month or so. For those of you who are nerds...

Vyper body
Carson glass
L3 WP filmless
64,200 luminescent gain
34.1 SNR
0.1 EBI
64mm/lp
0.7 Halo
1 minor blem, 0.003"-0.006" outside of zone 3
(I believe that's it at about 4 o clock on the very edge. Maybe?)
Screenshot_20200823-070652_Gallery.jpg

Norotos Hyper INVG and Dual Dovetail
Team Wendy Exfil bump

Back