need help ordering metric wheel nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of starting new thread, I will just continue in this thread since it's same rims discussed in here. Alright, if I didn't ask here, I would just buy a wheel wire brush and use a cordless drill to clean the rim edges (where the tire mounts onto). Is this the correct way to do it? Are the rim solid aluminum (which means it will show scratches)? Also, how to clean the brake dust off the inside rims? And, how to clean/polish/buffer the front rims (can make it shining clean, smooth, no scratches?)? Baking soda? Need to take out the aluminum corrosion out. Is there a YouTube video on that?
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

A repost:

Originally Posted by CapriRacer
A couple of thoughts:

Aluminum corrosion in the area of a wheel where the tire sits is a problem - and not just because of leaks. The dimensions of that area have to be compatible with the dimensions of the tire in that area. So care must be take NOT to remove metal if it can be avoided. A smooth dip could be as bad as a rough flat.

THEE most critical area is on the flat of the bead - the horizontal area where the safety hump is. The vertical area where the flanges are is NOT as critical.

If I were doing this repair, I would use a fine grit sand paper BY HAND until the area was smooth, but not free of pits. Followed by cleaning the area with something to stop the corrosion (I'm thinking a baking soda solution, rinsed thoroughly with water, but anyone doing this ought to do the research, then let us know.)

Followed by a clear coat, which is allowed to dry for a long time - months, if possible.

And just before having tires mounted, that area should be coated with antifreeze - the green stuff (I'm not sure about the orange stuff - research this, please!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back