Need Help! Chrysler 200 dies without stalling!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scenario: remote start car (factory), get in car, turn key to run, step on brake and attempt to shift to Reverse and car dies. Has also happened at a stoplight. No stumble, no warning lights, just cuts out dead. Restarts and drives fine.

Had new alternator and battery installed in July.

What is going on???

HELP!!!

2011 V6 fwd

I'd look at the data stream to see if the computer sees the brake light switch status correctly.

The interlock prevents thieves from stealing "remote started" vehicles. You must take some action. Either turn the key to "on" in the case of an old-school setup, or push the "start button" or something similar.

That's the Chrysler anti-carjack feature. My first instinct would be to replace the ignition switch. They can cause funky behaviour.

Change the fob battery or try the other fob with a fresh battery.

Last edited:
Happens to me sometimes when using remote start and get in, turn key and step on brake. You just need to turn key once inside snd wait a bit longer before stepping on brake and going in reverse.

What happens at a stop light? Engine just cuts out while you are holding down the brake or?

Yep, waiting at stop light, go to press gas on green and it's dead, restarts immediately. The 2011 has keyed ignition, not push button either.

UPDATE today: remote started car, got in, turned key to run, car dies. took out key and restarted car. Red "security" light (according to manual) blinks about twenty times, then a chime sound, and it turns off. Car drove fine after that. I did not remote start again and made 2 stops. Car had no issues or dying condition. Can a Chrysler garage scan the car and find out why the security light is blinking and the car dying then?

Originally Posted by dwcopple
Can a Chrysler garage scan the car and find out why the security light is blinking and the car dying then?

Turn the ignition switch on and off 3 times reasonably fast and check the odometer. Check YouTube for some videos on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back