Need help choosing an air hose coupler

The coupler that I have on the end of my air hose to hook to my tools or blow gun is not to my liking. It is not very old, so pretty sure it is not worn out. I am not sure what brand it is, but it may be Milton. My problem is that it is very hart to hook up, and when it is hooked up, it leaks air really bad. SO, I would like some advise of what is a good brand that won't break the bank.

Which type do you have on your tools? There are multiple types of fittings and couplers (industrial, automotive, etc). You have to match up the types in order for the pair to work properly.

There are automotive and industrial types if I remember. And cheap ones from HF where some may leak.

A Milton V is the best connector for air flow (least restrictive) (again from memory).

I believe they look like the industrial type. But if there is a good brand, I will buy a matched set, as I don't have that many tools, and only 2 hoses.

40 years ago I bought Chinese junk and they leaked. The past couple of years I've bought Chicago Pneumatic at Harbor Freight and they've been good, recently I've bought Merlin at Harbor Freight, better quality and no problems.

40 years ago I bought Chinese junk and they leaked. The past couple of years I've bought Chicago Pneumatic at Harbor Freight and they've been good, recently I've bought Merlin at Harbor Freight, better quality and no problems.

You cannot buy Chicago Pneumatic stuff from HF, it is Chicago Electric and Central Pneumatic. this is what I hate about HF and their twisting legit quality brand names to peddle some of their cheap Chicom trash.

Milton are good quality for a mid priced fitting, the V has very good flow for its size. High end stuff cost a lot more than what the average user wants or needs to spend. Stedlin, Prevost, Hoffman, Dixon, etc are in another class. Personally I like the Prevost.

Reactions: JC1
Milton V are great. I went and purchased all the same and replaced all my fittings. What a difference. No more leaks and easy to hook up each tool needed. To me it is well worth the cost to have a quality part like that. Saves on all the headaches.

I picked up a Milton V hiflo kit like what JC1 posted and have been happy with it so far, though I don't use it as much as I'd like anymore.

Reactions: JC1
I have Milton fittings on my compressors. I’ll admit they are hard to hook up but, but I’ve not had any issues with leaks either. I think you have a dud.

I use Prevost safety fittings. When the button on the side of the connector is pressed, pressure is released, then the fitting can be removed. It takes the drama out of disconnecting a long hose.

Back