Need a tire pressure gauge

Can anyone recommend a good pressure gauge ? I'm old school and prefer analog . I'm looking for accuracy and not anything elcheapo .

What I wonder, is how is one sure that a gauge, be it cheap, or a more expensive one, accurate? I once read that the digital ones are the most accurate. I have a digital, and a mechanical analog one, and a couple pencil gauges. I had more, but a I started checking them against one another, and threw out the ones that gave readings that varied more than 2 lbs from the others. Even so, the remaining ones don't all read exactly the same, but within 1 or 2 lbs, so I guess that is close enough.

Milton are decent enough pencil stick gauges. As for accuracy, any of the $10 digital ones will be worlds ahead of a stick gauge. Some even measure tenths.

I've purchased 3 different analog face guages, and a digital guage, and all 4 read a different PSI on the same tire at the same moment. Prior to that, I had 2 identical Slime brand analog guages that read different from one another. Without anything else I could base the accuracy on, I set aside the one that read closest to what the TPMS on 3 different cars said (turned out to be the digital guage), and threw the other 3 guages in the trash. The last pencil guage I used caused me to overfill a tire by 15 lbs before I realized that the slider was sticking on it's way out, so no more of those, thanks. I'd be very interested if someone knows of a guage that is really accurate, and will still be accurate 3 months from now.

I like the pencil style tire psi gauge. The better ones are quite close in accuracy and it's also repeatability that I look for. Not one that's all over the place while trying to get an accurate reading.

Pencil style with the dual chuck design. Not that I need it, but if I did, it's nice to know I can check the pressures on bigger truck tires.

I just made my own with tire inflator 'rod' and an analog 3" gauge with 0-60PSI range and decent accuracy...less than $10

wdn

I bought a Joe's Racing almost 10 years ago with a huge luminous dial very easy to read. A pleasant and easy to use dial gauge with an attached rubber hose. They are not cheap though.

Originally Posted by nomas
Can anyone recommend a good pressure gauge ? I'm old school and prefer analog . I'm looking for accuracy and not anything elcheapo .
This is Consumer Reports top rated analog stick. Link Note: they did not test any by Milton.