Need a cell signal booster

Never bought a cell signal booster before so looking for some recommendations. I have Verizon if it matters.

If it'll help with cost I could also buy a "car" cell signal booster and run that off the power supply I use for my CB radios.

I live in a semi-rural area and the cell towers that serve my area are all up in the hills somewhere.

Sitting on the couch in my living room my phone will constantly flip between 4G, 3G and 1X because the signal is so spotty.

1x & 3g are soon to be going away by Verizon. Is this something recent such as maybe vz doing tower maintenance? Contact vz they may have a signal booster they'll provide you. Have you tried out at&t they would be next big deal in a rural?

Last summer I had to buy a cell booster as I work from home and my existing signal was very weak, I use a company issued Verizon MiFi hot spot for my wireless WWW access. I bought mine at weboost.com Home Cell Signal Booster Home Multiroom SKU#470144 The kit was approx $ 600.00 if memory serves. I ended up paying extra for some additional cables and connectors I needed beyond what was included in the basic kit which varies depending on your installation/cable routing needs. I works very well and has allowed me to continue working from home.

Never bought a cell signal booster before so looking for some recommendations. I have Verizon if it matters.

If it'll help with cost I could also buy a "car" cell signal booster and run that off the power supply I use for my CB radios.

I live in a semi-rural area and the cell towers that serve my area are all up in the hills somewhere.

Sitting on the couch in my living room my phone will constantly flip between 4G, 3G and 1X because the signal is so spotty.
Maybe I'm just too old and far too dense between the ears. If so, guilty as charged. I know many people have many different reasons for wanting/needing a cell phone but...if cell service at your most needed location is not satisfactory to begin with, is that not a reason for getting and keeping a landline? Or a VoiP phone (assuming you have an internet connection)?

I got a cheezy one from ebay that only worked on one set of channels. It worked for 3 months then started causing more interference than it solved. It was neat for its time though.

My cheapo tracfone just got an OS update and now allows wi-fi calls, do you have that?

I used an app, cell info lite to see what actual frequency my phone was on, and cellmapper.net to see the tower I was using. Surprise, it wasn't the closest one. This let me point my directional roof antenna properly.

Get the app and climb onto your roof to see if you get a good steady signal up there. Without this, you'd need an even bigger tower or another carrier.

Mr. Williams.....download an app for your smart phone called Open Signal. It will tell you the closest towers to your house and what carrier is supported on them.

Maybe I'm just too old and far too dense between the ears. If so, guilty as charged. I know many people have many different reasons for wanting/needing a cell phone but...if cell service at your most needed location is not satisfactory to begin with, is that not a reason for getting and keeping a landline? Or a VoiP phone (assuming you have an internet connection)?
Or look at using a diffrent carrier. I live in a populous area and could never get a satisfactory signal at my house with verizon. I could go 1/4 mile away and get a strong one. I had also had even worse luck with Sprint in the past. T-mo & ATT work very well I found out. So even though verizon is said to have the largest coverage, it's still a ymmv situation.

Back