Napa Pro Select 21334 - New design

Bud_One

Site Donor 2022
Went last week to pick up some sale oil at the local Napa.
Decided to buy a jobber filter for my old Accord while I was there.

I was surprised to see a silicone ADBV .
Don't know if this redesign has been applied to all their Pro Select filters.
I'm going back to purchase another filter to cut open. Pics to follow .

DSCN1088.JPG

DSCN1091.JPG

DSCN1092.JPG

DSCN1093.JPG

DSCN1094.JPG

DSCN1095.JPG

DSCN1096.JPG

DSCN1098.JPG

Originally Posted by Chris142
Originally Posted by Pinoak
Not wix?

Definitely not a wix.

Wix -> Affinia -> Mann+Hummel ... so wouldn't it still be a Wix?

Edit: But Wix doesn't list a plant in S. Korea, so I guess not pure Wix.

Last edited:
The real question now is what is the efficiency rating? If it isn't on the box don't buy it.
X % at 20 microns its time to stop playing their BS game.

Was it leak tested?
27.gif

Wix's parent company Mann does make filters in South Korea, including the OEM filters for Hyundai/Kia. The Mann part number is W811/80

Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
Wix's parent company Mann does make filters in South Korea, including the OEM filters for Hyundai/Kia. The Mann part number is W811/80

Without knowing height and diameter I would not insist it's W811/80. It may be also W801/7.

Bud_One, would you communicate dimensions of this filter ?

Looks like the design of the Hyundai-Kia OE filter for sure, made by MANN+HUMMEL in South Korea. Even the inlet holes, gasket design, and plastic dust cover match with the Hyundai-Kia filter. Only difference visible is the paint on the can and lack of a Hyundai logo stamped on the bypass valve.

It is built like a racing filter - very strong can, and everyone suspects high flow but lower efficiency than regular WIX / NAPA Gold. Wondering if this is a permanent switch or just temporary to meet demand for this part number. If it is a permanent change, it is a very good deal if you're looking for an OE filter for Hyundai and Kia since Pro Selects are less than $3 at our local NAPA, and I'm guessing pricing is similar in other areas. Also a very good deal for any other applications this filter works on including older Honda and lots of Subaru vehicles, and even some other equipment.

Originally Posted by Primus
Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog

Without knowing height and diameter I would not insist it's W811/80. It may be also W801/7.

Bud_One, would you communicate dimensions of this filter ?

Diameter of inside seal - 2 5/8 "
Diameter of external can - 3 3/16"
Height of filter - 3"
Weight - 321 g or 11.32 oz

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Pinoak
I know it's not lol it says Mann Hummel on it. My ? was just because I thought wix made the proselects too

Who do you believe owns Wix?

Originally Posted by Bud_One

Diameter of inside seal - 2 5/8 "
Diameter of external can - 3 3/16"
Height of filter - 3"
Weight - 321 g or 11.32 oz

Yes, slacktide_bitog was right: this one looks like W811/80. The latter provides efficiency 50% @15 мicrons and 99% @>35 microns. Despite similar dimensions of Hyunday/Kia -504 filter, its efficiency may differ from W811/80. I like a lot a build quality of both. Somebody may say W811/80 efficiency is not bright and worse than those of many US made counterparts, but it would be unfair to judge just based on generic specs often claimed the same for the whole product line. For a fair comparison it is necessary to get access to actual specs of these counterparts.

Hyundai
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
The real question now is what is the efficiency rating? If it isn't on the box don't buy it.

AGAIN, some vehicle manufacturers want higher flow rates.
YES, your vehicle can reach 300K using filters like these.
YES, you don't need a clear dipstick at 3K to reach 300K.

Not sure why anyone wants to slow oil flow, in an engine designed for increased flow. The manufacturer would use a hypothetical Fram Ultra-type, if the shoe of the engine fit.

(Back-on-topic)
Nice to see NAPA ProSelect go after the new Fram Extra Guard sales and introduce this economy-priced filter with silicone ADBV.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Hyundai
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson

AGAIN, some vehicle manufacturers want higher flow rates.

Not sure why anyone wants to slow oil flow, in an engine designed for increased flow. The manufacturer would use a hypothetical Fram Ultra-type, if the shoe of the engine fit.

How does "oil flow slow" when it's being forced through the system by a positive displacement oil pump? Especially when about every oil filter out there is only 1/15th as restricitve as the oiling system itself.

Back