NAPA oil analysis. Still hasn’t arrived...lost cause?

I sent a sample off on August 24th and it is still showing as “in transit”. I did some searching and apparently the local post office holds them for a while. Is there a chance this thing is still sitting on the desk of some postal inspector or should I chalk it up as a waste of $20?

Did you mail it to the new address in Atlanta?
Did you put the container in a box or envelope? If you mail the canister, the PO in Atlanta holds them until they feel like delivering or ALS goes and picks them up.

Did you mail it to the new address in Atlanta?
Did you put the container in a box or envelope? If you mail the canister, the PO in Atlanta holds them until they feel like delivering or ALS goes and picks them up.

I just mailed it in the container to the address on the label.

I waited 6 weeks for an envelope mailed at less than 1st class rates to go from L.A. to Wyoming. Even the first class stuff is taking extra days versus normal. May be due to the "shakeup" at the USPS?

ALS is slow lately. I use them regularly at work. I had a sample that showed not delivered yet but was actually sitting at the lab since the 8th of September. Not to mention that most of the time the info on the report is wrong and has to be corrected. Their readings are top notch but customer service is lacking.

Called ALS today and they still don’t have it. She said it’s likely at the post office and to check back in a week.

I had a package coming to KY from TX awhile back. After having been in transit about a week tracking showed it being scanned in PA. It took nearly 2 weeks to get to KY from PA. The USPS is a joke anymore and the other transit companies are about as bad. I also had a package of medicine ordered back in March that was scanned as out for delivery at the local PO. Here it is nearly Oct. and it hasn't showed up yet. UPS was delivering a package Friday and wanted a signature I held my hand out for the device you have to sign on and the driver says I can't give you the device I have to sign it for you. I told him no way that is not my signature. Come to find out the package didn't even have signature confirmation on it. UPS was supposed to have delivered a package with medication a few months ago that had signature conformation on it. I was billed for the medication that I'd never signed for. I told them I'd pay for it when they could provide a document with my signature on it. They couldn't do it. I was told all it had in the signature box is "delivered to" and had my last name. Neither I nor my wife sign out name with only our last name so this was some driver who didn't do his job.

Here’s what I get when I track the shipment. Not sure what it means as the address was Pre-printed on the package.

“Your item was forwarded to a different address at 9:38 am on September 28, 2020 in ATLANTA, GA. This was because of forwarding instructions or because the address or ZIP Code on the label was incorrect.”

Like I said before, they have a new address outside of Atlanta. My guess this delay is due to the PO. It may have been one of the reasons they moved because they got such terrible service from ATL PO.

I submitted mine to the portland address earlier this week and tried to create an account on webretrieve because this is the first time going through them. I got an email from their agent saying they would reach out to the portland office. I got an email from the portland office saying they're backed up till next week when they'll process my sample. They responded quickly, which is all I can ask.

Back