Napa Nightvision line

I could’ve sworn NAPA used to have a completely different premium bulb line up. Safety lite, White Lite, and one or two more that i can’t remember.

Anybody know what the current line(nightvision clear, vivid, and brilliant) output is compared to the competition? It even worth the hype? 2/3 are coated blue which I know will reduce output, although they claim the brilliant(deepest tint) is the brightest. This is either some new advanced bulb tech or they’re blowing major smoke.

Looking to replace my current OEM H11 with an H9 and hoping the premium offerings will give an extra edge over the standard H9 bulbs. Don’t care for the color temperature as long as the bulbs can put light down the road. Eventually I will install KC day lighters to really see but for now I just want to not crash into a tree.

So far, I have heard they don’t last long.

But, that it only based a on folks I know who tried them. Hopefully someone will have more experience with them....

I remember from a headlight forum years ago Napa offered a halogen bulb with a little xenon gas added, and they weren't coated. They were the brightest offered.

Be carful with current draw on aftermarket lights. I've heard of melted bulb sockets as well as entire lamp housings.

Back