Napa Gold damaged or just bad paint job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought this Napa Gold 7356 filter a while back. Went to use it last week and noticed the defect in the pics below. The can does not appear to be dented or weak in that spot, so I think it is just a [censored] paint job. What do you think? I will probably use it in my Fit at some point.

I would not use that filter. If they can't get the paint job right what's to say the stuff you can't see is constructed properly?

If the outside is a mess how do you know the inside isn't as well?

I’m sure it’s all right to use but if it was me and I had the time I’d go exchange it cause I like my truck and everything on it to be pretty and perfect

Looks bubbly, maybe it got hot? Really really hot, filters get as hot as 230 degrees so paint has to stand up to high temperatures.

Originally Posted By: jongies3
Looks bubbly, maybe it got hot? Really really hot, filters get as hot as 230 degrees so paint has to stand up to high temperatures.

That filter was never used. It's just a bad paint job, but if it bothers the OP he should exchange it.

Originally Posted By: Bighorn2500
So much for the quality control/inspection dept. catching that one.

Precisely. And if they are that negligent with what the customer sees what about the parts they don't see?

I tried contacting Wix for a filter that had a manufacturing defect (dent) and instead of offering to replace it they just told me not to use it. I stopped using Wix for a few years after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back