My Frantz Installation Posted on Webshots..Check it out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by Mykro:
For those interested I have some photos of my Frantz installation plus photos of used TP elements...

http://community.webshots.com/album/114815318vlzHVh

Thanks alot for the pics!!
cool.gif

That transmission adapter looks very simple, i will install one on my van as soon as i get my Motor Guard engine filter set-up.
Yikes! get rid of the K&N though.

Good photos, but aren't all the filters upside down. The screen marks and the center gasket indentation are showing on all 3 of them. It is easier to read the filters looking at the other side as the flow is from the top to the side you show.

worshippy.gif

quote:

Originally posted by 59 Vetteman:
Good photos, but aren't all the filters upside down. The screen marks and the center gasket indentation are showing on all 3 of them. It is easier to read the filters looking at the other side as the flow is from the top to the side you show.

worshippy.gif

Just the engine and transmission elements are upside down..

The engine element dosen't make any difference.. It's just as black on the bottom as on the top.. The Transmission element is upside down because I wanted to emphasize the greyish area you see in the photo, This area is the most dirtiest area.. That area was more dirtier than the top of the element.. The fuel element is top side up, notice that towards the bottom it tends to get black again (Seems like the more finer particles make their way further through the element ) On my next filter change. You are correct though.. I will add those used filters to the album right side up...
grin.gif

[ January 30, 2004, 10:41 PM: Message edited by: Mykro ]

Mykro,

Great pictures and it looks like you have some done some pretty clean installation work, too!

Are you conducting any type of long term engine oil analysis to see what the Frantz filter is doing to clean up your engine oil? What type of engine oil are your using right now?

quote:

Originally posted by mangusta1969:
Mykro,

Great pictures and it looks like you have some done some pretty clean installation work, too!

Are you conducting any type of long term engine oil analysis to see what the Frantz filter is doing to clean up your engine oil? What type of engine oil are your using right now?

I have not yet done an oil analysis.. I'm currently using shell Rotella Synthetic Oil.

quote:

Originally posted by Valk1500:
What is this in?

Is the tranny filter mounted on the frame on its side?

I'm guessing a F250 or 350 diesel truck?

The Transmission filter is mounted on a 99 F250 PSD. The filter is mounted horozontilly to the frame underneath the passenger side of the truck...
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back