My first pocket pistol

I have 3 of the old style. One for each car. I'm getting depressed....

Nice rat.
I lost mine to my daughter. First time she used it at the range, she wouldn't give it back. I had the info transferred in her name and bought a sub-compact Beretta Pico next.

Originally Posted by Cacciatore
Originally Posted by Tom NJ
Given that it is a light trigger pull, single action pistol with no mechanical safety, mine never leaves the holster except to clean or shoot. Too dangerous to carry naked.

It's got a mechanical trigger safety. Trigger pull of 6.5 lbs with .75" of travel. Regardless, the trigger guard should be shielded when carrying

If you mean the trigger blade, isn't that just a drop safety? Unlike with a mechanical safety, the gun will still fire if the trigger is pulled. I usually see the trigger pull listed between 5.25 and 6.0 lbs, but either way it is fairly light.

Originally Posted by Cacciatore
Given that it is a light trigger pull, single action pistol with no mechanical safety, mine never leaves the holster except to clean or shoot. Too dangerous to carry naked.

It's got a mechanical trigger safety. Trigger pull of 6.5 lbs with .75" of travel. Regardless, the trigger guard should be shielded when carrying

If you mean the trigger blade, isn't that just a drop safety? Unlike with a mechanical safety, the gun will still fire if the trigger is pulled. I usually see the trigger pull listed between 5.25 and 6.0 lbs, but either way it is fairly light.

Yes, it's just a drop safety ... there's no such thing as a "mechanical safety" built into any gun trigger that prevents the gun from firing when the trigger is pulled by a finger.

I have the same weapon op. Carried in my lunch box for many years and just recently we were warned that if we were caught with weapons even in our suit cases we would be fired on the spot . Big frowns from every man on my crew immediately.
Pretty sure there is still six men packing on my crew.lol

i added a hogue grip sleeve to my ruger lcp2 22lr. while im ultimately not in love with this platform, the hogue makes it nicer in the hand but still very easy to conceal carry in the pocket.

94259C48-55BB-4E4B-904C-BA8ACE7314F3.jpeg

Originally Posted by Astro14
Originally Posted by Lolvoguy
Sheesh, lots of talk of guns in this site lately.
eek.gif

Actually, no, there isn't a lot of talk of guns on this site lately.

This section of BITOG has had regular, consistent activity for years.

If you're afraid of firearms, and you sure appear to be, then perhaps you should avoid this section.

It appears many are afraid of their fellow man.

But some people get crazy during stressful times.

I'm out in the country, in the woods on a hill.

People are afraid of the crazy old guy that lives in that rundown log cabin

______

I sadly succumbed and acquired a 1911 commander. and a few hundred rounds of SIG round nose ammo.

The Main spring seems noisy when I hand cock it. Is there anything I can polish and lube near the strut to
take this noise away? It may function O.K. but I don't like the racket - it sounds cheap.

I hear a lot about lube ( I have CLP) , but how 'bout some moly on the slide rails?

I'd clean it first. YouTube a few videos. There are so many options. As far as 1911's, some say minimal lube, some say lotsa lube.

I got some cleaning advice from our most knowledgeable Tribologist.

Hickok45 loves Eezox. GunBlue490 using mineral spirits and mineral oil.

My older LCP with stainless??? slide is my carry-it-everywhere piece, in a little DeSantis nylon pocket holster. I have been very happy with it. Beats the heck out of trying to conceal a 1911 or some other monster that keeps poking my fat roll and trying to tug my britches down.

Originally Posted by Astro14
Originally Posted by Lolvoguy
Sheesh, lots of talk of guns in this site lately.
eek.gif

Actually, no, there isn't a lot of talk of guns on this site lately.

This section of BITOG has had regular, consistent activity for years.

If you're afraid of firearms, and you sure appear to be, then perhaps you should avoid this section.

I agree.

Back