My dad bought a 2017 F150.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad picked up a 2017 F150 XLT Sport 4x4 and it's his first new to him truck in about 20 years! Last pick up was a 98 ranger and rusted apart a couple years ago. I looked it over and it seemed like a great well taken care of truck that was in very good condition with 27,000 miles. It's fairly well equipped with out jumping into higher trim levels and he is not a fan of leather seats.

2.7 EcoBoost
Sport 4x4 package
LED tail lights
Blind spot monitor
Heated cloth seats
Trailer back up knob on the dash
Sync 3 with navigation

My parents are out of town so I have been driving it and hauling a few things that do fit in my Honda. Also before he signed I spotted some very minor damage in the bed side that 99% of people would have never seen until after they bought the truck. He got some money knocked off for that and I took care of it at the body shop

CE7C6A04-432A-4174-A850-660EF9C39263.jpeg

48756042-85CE-4B3A-AB3E-716BCFEEC7A7.jpeg

4AB386EA-DECA-4AF1-A810-4FF4B33364AD.jpeg

Great color and options! I hope somebody doesn't come in here and say he should have gotten a Toyota Camry with a small trailer....

Nice, there is one in the lot at work and I like the look of them. Looks much better without the giant chrome grills the other models seem to have.

Originally Posted by dareo
Great color and options! I hope somebody doesn't come in here and say he should have gotten a Toyota Camry with a small trailer....

lol.gif

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Nice, plus he'll enjoy 26 MPG if he keeps his foot out of it.
smile.gif

Ummm, I hope he can but I bet he won't.
wink.gif
My gen II 2.7 won't get close to that with 3.55 differential ratio and the 10 speed transmission. Best I can get cruise ctrl active @ 70mph and unladen is about 23.

If it was my truck I would like to also have the 20 inch wheel and tire combo along with push to start. The other day I came out of the hardware store with my hands full and I had to fumble around for the key.

Great truck, I bet he loves it. I miss the ride of my F150, my dad is driving it now and my F250 beats the heck out of me ride wise.

Also I have pictures of the minor bedside repair. All mouldings, taillight, bumper, gas door, and wheel opening mounding had been removed for paint. No tape lines or peeling paint down the road.

55F98E64-25BD-43B1-958D-8222ADAFC814.jpeg

D208BA9C-9843-4499-8651-E1F272E96F41.jpeg

666DB08D-1DD8-44C5-BCCC-817D823F8A71.jpeg

EDBB14A6-89DD-4670-83BE-59E6BC64CCC7.jpeg

Originally Posted by dan_erickson
If it was my truck I would like to also have the 20 inch wheel and tire combo along with push to start. The other day I came out of the hardware store with my hands full and I had to fumble around for the key.

The only thing 20" wheels do is make the ride stiffer and the tires more expensive IMO. Not to mention the added weight. Even when going from 17s to 16s for my winter setup on the BMW I notice a difference.

Not 20" is nice. Stock height and tire sizes don't leave much sidewall on a 20". When your sidewall is shorter than a curb on a 4x4 truck something is wrong.

Umm a factory 20 inch wheel with all terrain tire is plenty fine and fills out the wheel well a little better. The Goodyear highway tire on this truck looks silly.

On a 20" wheel you have to get to a 35" tall tire to have more sidewall than the height of a curb. That is my definition of having enough sidewall on a 4x4 truck. If you cant touch a tire to a curb without risk of scratching the wheel its not enough.

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Nice, plus he'll enjoy 26 MPG if he keeps his foot out of it.
smile.gif

Ummm, I hope he can but I bet he won't.
wink.gif
My gen II 2.7 won't get close to that with 3.55 differential ratio and the 10 speed transmission. Best I can get cruise ctrl active @ 70mph and unladen is about 23.

That's OK. The EPA Highway Rating is at an average speed of 50 MPH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back