My 2016 Ford Fiesta Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Mr_Luke
Got my car back yesterday. The new switch was $40.27. The labor was $358.87

Yikes!!

The service mgr said he had never seen one fail on a car as new as mine with 58k miles on it.

It's running good. It seems unlikely I'll have any more trouble with the car.
In the Spring I'll do an OCI with new QS AD 5w20 and a Motorcraft FL-910S.

Guys over at focusfanatics.com have had their clutches replaced as early as 30K miles and a lot have gone through multiple sets within 100K miles. Not saying yours will but all the parts are the same so plan for the worst.

It could be but I know people with 2012 Fiestas that have been free of major problems.

One of them had the tranny replaced by Ford at no charge and it's been A-OK ever since.

My roofer has a 2012 with 151k miles on it, and it's been a great car for him. The engine sounds very quiet when it was idling in my driveway. He does his own OCIs from 3 to 5k miles, with "any oil and filter that's on sale." I think he buys his oil at one of the auto parts stores.

Maybe I'm a pessimist but I always say cvt transmissions and dct transmissions on these cars will fail on you eventually and my coworker had his 2013 Nissan versa transmission fail last weekend on a long trip to visit his family. The car is getting scrapped at 100k. I believe your fiesta will be the same. Sorry to be a downer but if you are optimistic then keep it.

I'm not concerned about the AT in the car. It shifts very well. I had the ATF fluid replaced. Ford has fixed the AT issues in these cars for the most part.

I agree, the car should be fine when I get this fixed.
Based on this issue alone, this wouldn't be a reason for me to need to replace the car.

Unfortunately Ford has admitted there is no fix for the problems this transmission has. See the Detroit News articles on it. No need to believe me.

They knew it was defective before \ they started putting it into the Fiesta and Focus and went ahead anyway. And continued to do so for years afterward.

Ford killed it's own market for small cars and for what they did to that first time buyer, single person,couple starting out or old couple wanting an inexpensive new Ford, over the course of almost ten years knowing full well that transmission was a POS there will never be a Ford in my driveway. Ever.

You're working from hopium, Mr Luke. Maybe you got the one good one that will last for 300,000 miles but the odds are against you. That stuck key is just an introduction.

Originally Posted by DweezilAZ

Unfortunately Ford has admitted there is no fix for the problems this transmission has. See the Detroit News articles on it. No need to believe me.

They knew it was defective before \ they started putting it into the Fiesta and Focus and went ahead anyway. And continued to do so for years afterward.

Ford killed it's own market for small cars and for what they did to that first time buyer, single person,couple starting out or old couple wanting an inexpensive new Ford, over the course of almost ten years knowing full well that transmission was a POS there will never be a Ford in my driveway. Ever.

You're working from hopium, Mr Luke. Maybe you got the one good one that will last for 300,000 miles but the odds are against you. That stuck key is just an introduction.

That must be why carcomplaints.com selected the 2016 Ford Fiesta as one of the best cars.

Many of you don't read the replies before you reply. You just keep beating that dead horse that you don't like Fords and even though you never owned a 2016 Fiesta, it's got to be a piece of junk.

Some of you guys seem to have minds of your own. If you think the 2016 Fiesta is bad, compare it to certain Hondas, MOPAR, or Nissans on carcomplaints.com, for example.
I trust my own intuition more than what a few of youu naysayers say.
I know some of you wish I'd start calling my Fiesta a Focus, but it's a Fiesta and all the bad you say about them is not backed up by factual evidence.

That must be why carcomplaints.com selected the 2016 Ford Fiesta as one of the best cars.

Many of you don't read the replies before you reply. You just keep beating that dead horse that you don't like Fords and even though you never owned a 2016 Fiesta, it's got to be a piece of junk.

Some of you guys seem to have minds of your own. If you think the 2016 Fiesta is bad, compare it to certain Hondas, MOPAR, or Nissans on carcomplaints.com, for example.
I trust my own intuition more than what a few of youu naysayers say.
I know some of you wish I'd start calling my Fiesta a Focus, but it's a Fiesta and all the bad you say about them is not backed up by factual evidence.

Same transmissions, same issues. Not saying yours is or will go bad, but it's universally known that the powershift trans is generally garbage, like the headgaskets on Subaru's EJ25/257 engines. There's been numerous news articles about them and the latest ones from this year have shown that Ford knew (with evidence) about the problems and put them in the cars anyways.

You've pretty well jinxed yourself already by saying it will be fine. It's the same jerkomatic that's in the focuses. I know someone who had 3 replaced under warranty and when the 3rd one failed out of warranty she lost her shirt on a trade in at like 80k miles.

Nobody here is going to tell you they think it will last because the odds are honestly against you. Going by statistics posted online for a car that's not even 4 years old isn't a good idea. Wait until the miles start to add up and the failures start coming in in bulk.

Maybe I should have told my coworker his Nissan cvt was going to fail? It might have saved him thousands of dollars, but sometimes people think you're a weirdo for telling them the truth.

Check carcomplaints again in 3 years.

If you want to see what the 2016 will be like in 3 years, please see the 2013 model year.

Screenshot_20191127-192700.jpg

Screenshot_20191127-192645.jpg

Screenshot_20191127-192633.jpg

Screenshot_20191127-192625.jpg

Screenshot_20191127-192616.jpg

Screenshot_20191127-192605.jpg

Screenshot_20191127-192554.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back