Motomaster oeplus 0w30 for european vehicules.

Picked up two 5 liter jugs for $18.54 each.
We have a continental discount store here that has lots of oil, some way over priced.
Thought this was a decent price for Canadiens .
Developed with shell technology made in Germany.
Anyone run this oil yet.

Just watch the approvals listing on the back, the last time this oil came up on here it did have the VW approvals but not the Mercedes-Benz ones. Motomaster oils have had a bit of trouble in the past distinguishing between approvals and recommendations.

On the back of these !
meets or exceeds two fiat specs.
mb 229.31 ,51 ,52.
vw 504. 507.
porsche c30.
exceeds api sn ,acea c2/c3.

i have no cars that need the euro specs so not worried about that, thought the price was right.

It doesn't have the Mercedes-Benz approvals, for one thing they aren't worded properly and they also don't appear on the Bevo listing.

Yup, another one to use with caution. It's not quite half the price of M1 0W40 when I can get it on special, but close.
Depending on the intended use, proceed with caution. That is to say, my ageing Mazda won't care.

Yup, another one to use with caution. It's not quite half the price of M1 0W40 when I can get it on special, but close.
Depending on the intended use, proceed with caution. That is to say, my ageing Mazda won't care.
Reason why i bought it for $18 don't think my 2009 saturn will give a :poop:

Motomaster 0w30 Euro and Pennzoil Platinum Euro LX 0w30 are both made by Shell and have identical specs. You can go by price. Are they the same oil just in different jugs? Probably. The’re both bottled in Canada by Shell Canada. Enjoy.

Highly confident this is rebottled Helix Ultra/QS Euro LX/PP Euro LX. If you need actual certs for warranty I may use something else but outside warranty I would use it without question.

Mercedes Benz Approvals.

34A65B64-E267-425E-AA17-179606D3E1B4.png
AB6A0FDB-541C-4BAD-8CB8-6B9183B0092E.jpg

So you have one side saying it meets requirement for gas engines, then on the other side many diesel approvals. Also API SN.
Still that's a somewhat confusing wording...and it's not on the Mercedes BEVO list. I'm guessing it's some Shell oil re-badged, and they didn't bother having it approved/put on the list (not sure how that works).

So you have one side saying it meets requirement for gas engines, then on the other side many diesel approvals. Also API SN.
Still that's a somewhat confusing wording...and it's not on the Mercedes BEVO list. I'm guessing it's some Shell oil re-badged, and they didn't bother having it approved/put on the list (not sure how that works).

I think you are correct. Canadian Tire, the retailer of Motormaster, is essentially a modern version of a giant general store. It’s not on their agenda to look after hand wringing Bittogers. Shell told them to put down the MB approvals and that’s what they did. I’ll bet no one from Canadian Tire Spoke to any Mercedes Benz personnel.

Last edited:
Reactions: JC1
I think you are correct. Canadian Tire, the retailer of Motormaster, is essentially a modern version of a giant general store. It’s not on their agenda to look after hand wringing Bittogers. Shell told them to put down the MB approvals and that’s what they did. I’ll bet no one from Canadian Tire Spoke to any Mercedes Benz personnel.
All of which is nice but completely contrary to the way it is supposed to be.

What is the wording on the actual Pennzoil or QS product? I'm pretty sure its exactly the same, "meets or exceeds" with no actual approval stated.

What is the wording on the actual Pennzoil or QS product? I'm pretty sure its exactly the same, "meets or exceeds" with no actual approval stated.
For the specifications that is the correct language. And for the Mercedes-Benz approvals they are worded correctly in both instances, it’s just that the Motomaster product does not appear on the Bevo approval list. Neither does it appear on the Audi or Volkswagen list if I recall correctly. This may only be a delay in updating the list(s) of course.

For the specifications that is the correct language. And for the Mercedes-Benz approvals they are worded correctly in both instances, it’s just that the Motomaster product does not appear on the Bevo approval list. Neither does it appear on the Audi or Volkswagen list if I recall correctly. This may only be a delay in updating the list(s) of course.

It's a store brand, like Supertech, only real difference is it's bottled by a major. They may choose to pay for actual approval, but I doubt it.

Wondering if anyone has any updates on this oil. Their Bevo list still hasn't been updated but the bottles still carry the MB-approval on the back... I am genuinely curious if it actually is approved

Back