Most Durable and Dependable Cell Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by surfstar
Originally Posted by madRiver
You can spend $449 on an iPhone 8 brand new and get the excellent build quality with older tech.

iPhones are not all $1000 each.....

$449 is a rip too.
Lenovo/Moto G phones are plenty good for 99% of what people use phones for and can be had for $150 or less.
We always buy lagging tech. Much cheaper in the long run.

Who cares Android is cheaper, the user experience is vastly different between random Android and consistent iOS. I have no idea if for $150 less the build quality even matches Apple or Samsung. The question related to durable and dependability not price and not you think what people need.

Originally Posted by clinebarger
The iPhone is pretty good, With a Otterbox Defender.....I have yet to break one, 4,4S,5S,& 6S so far.

However.....I can't work an Android phone to save my life!

Same exact sentiments here.
I prefer the iOS operating features, and I NEVER don't have an otterbox.

Personally I don't like iOS. Too many things that take multiple steps to accomplish whereas I can do it in one click on my Pixel. There are a lot of people who have only ever had iPhones and have no plan to change (like my girlfriend). Each has pros and cons.

Originally Posted by surfstar
You can spend $449 on an iPhone 8 brand new and get the excellent build quality with older tech.

iPhones are not all $1000 each.....

$449 is a rip too.
Lenovo/Moto G phones are plenty good for 99% of what people use phones for and can be had for $150 or less.
We always buy lagging tech. Much cheaper in the long run.

Who cares Android is cheaper, the user experience is vastly different between random Android and consistent iOS. I have no idea if for $150 less the build quality even matches Apple or Samsung. The question related to durable and dependability not price and not you think what people need.

Not only that but with the Apple Phone, you own it. With an Android phone google owns you. What you give up to google is your privacy in return for a "free" android system.
Apple phone is not more expensive then that of the other top tier android phones, but with Apple, you get security, privacy and a well rounded integrated system.

im not one to talk, I have an Android phone and love it but I started moving into the Apple world just weeks ago with the purchase of my 1st Mac desktop after 25 years of the Windows world, now, slowly moving out of the grips of google too and maybe in the future, not just yet, I am looking forward to the iPhone XS to nicely round out the package with my Mac desktop.

(btw I have used apple phones for the last 9 years and they are work horses for sure, rarely did I ever hear of one failing from a co-worker, these were company supplied along with iPads, iPads too, wow, gosh darn it, darn things were work horses, falling off trucks, being dropped all the time, I also always had my personal androids so very well qualified using both systems)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back