Morons "rolling coal"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Between you detailing your road rage Incidents and your penchant for wanting to lord over everyone else its a wonder that you DONT like HOA‘s.

Again, I don’t condone rolling coal, but the absolute overreaction by numerous forum members (jail time, etc) Really emphasizes the idea that this site has a bunch of old biddies with nothing better to do than police the actions of others. Hence my comparison to the stereotypical idea of militant HOA boards.

I’ll continue to enjoy my quiet non-HOA neighborhood AND go about My business without worrying about a few inconsiderate people. You won’t legislate away people being jerks, instead YOU end up being the jerk.
I can agree with that - I don't like lots of things folks do on the road/to their cars but I certainly don't want to road-rage on them and throw them in jail.

I think the whole concept is gay and anyone who does that to someone on the road should have the life beaten out of them. Imagine some pos doing that to your mother or grandmother, causing her to not be able to see and she has an accident.

The root of almost every problem is when people move in and expect to live just like they did in when they were in an totally unrestricted area. A few get triggered when you tell them they cannot store junk vehicles in the front yard, park their giagantic RV in the streets blocking their neighbors in, or operate a welding fab shop out of their garage.

Mindboggeling attitudes a rare few have.
I was trying to move my elderly mother out of her condo in SW Fla, I had pre-approved the use of a small fiberglass pod for 2 days.
Then my mother got injured and ended up in the hospital during this time. I had to clear the condo myself while visiting in the hospital.

my Blood pressure was 185/145 for weeks. Well some woman from the HOA called me and ordered me to move the POD. I said I had it approved by the General Manager ( which I had in writing - on the back of his business card) . All the sudden the manager didn't recall our agreement - in the meantime the HOA woman called PODS to have the pod removed! I called PODS and told them they have a contract with ME! They didn't listen and came and took the pod away. I have choice word for ALL of these "people".

Well I ended up leaving over $50,000 worth of furniture and things in the house. Only the most sacred family items I packed into large shipping boxes and had them UPS shipped to my house in New Hampshire.

Some how My mother and I lived though this disaster. The HOA and fees were about $12,000 a year at this place! And we paid them for well over a decade and a half to the very last bill when the property was sold.

I almost lost it. Good thing I drank way my anger every night - and I don't drink. That HOA office would be in shambles.

All this because they were having a block party open house that week. Selfish, inconsiderate imbeciles.

Just asking, how long did the POD stay there past the 2 approved days?
HOA and then PODS called me the day it was dropped I didn't get a chance to load it. They took it away the next day. And charged me for the whole contract. SO PODS are terrible ( and WAY overpriced) along with the HOA. My mom was the first resident there on that street when the community was built. Grass mowers and tree trimmers are in their with trucks and equipment are all over the place and making noise all of the time whiles "over grooming" the area.
Now, The next door family moved out and had a Mayflower moving truck blocking our driveway for 2 days! No consideration. And now HOA complaint.
Good thing I didn't have my turkey 1911 down there - no one would have come onto the property and moved that POD. But that only works up in my log cabin on a hill in the woods of New Hampshire where I live.
Not in Fake, just built communities with no past history; some greedy builder's nightmare of a marketable - though grotesque - EDEN for the retiring or lazy masses..
Sad. Very sad.

Does anyone else have these degenerates where they are? You know the ones who modify diesel trucks to run too rich so the exhausts make big black clouds of smoke when they floor it?

I'm not a left wing nut, I do think the EPA has gone too far in many things, but this practice is just idiotic. It increases Nox and other toxic gases which are bad for people to breathe in. What's worse is the only reason they do it is to piss people off.

I really think anyone who does this should have their vehicle immediately towed, impounded, and license suspended until the vehicle's exhaust system is restored. On top of a hefty fine.

Same goes for cat deletes. I'm all about performance, but have you ever driven behind someone who's deleted theirs? You can barely breathe. Some things should just not be done.

Bigger turbos? More cylinders? Larger displacement? Clean, powerful noise? Yes to all of that. But engine and exhaust modifications that affect air quality adversely and unnecessarily I am not for one bit.
INTERESTING title when i lived in South Africa we had gasoline made from coal, for adverse political reasons. vehicles ran well when tuned for 6000 feet above sea level

" Rolling Coal" is one of the reasons diesels are forced to get a smog check every 2 years in California.

UD

It's pretty stupid. The ford truck forums had a member that would do a tow off with a 11,000 pound trailer up a really steep hill. Some guy with a dodge diesel showed up with a smoke tune and tried it. The Dodge had to leave on a flatbed. A lot of the morons doing this don't have any supporting modifications or any ability to monitor EGT. Old trucks had a mirror pointed at the stack and if you saw it start to smoke black, time to downshift.

I can understand why it does get people mad. I'm not a greenie, nor am I fan of the EPA but it's stupid to go out of your way to increase particulate emissions. Especially when it doesn't do anything to help the performance of the vehicle. Just wastes fuel and makes you look stupid. Little man syndrome I guess.

I've been coal rolled a few times. My 235000 mile engine just isn't able to tow my Jeep and maintain 90 on the Interstate so sometimes I'm hanging with the 18 wheelrs. These dudebros with their CUMMINGS, BRO or POWERMAX like to show how fast their EMPTY truck with tow mirrors full erect can go up the hill. Of course by nailing it right next to me. I can guarantee my old rotbox gas Ford has done more towing and hauling than any of theirs.

Indeed a majority of diesel pickups around here are never hooked to trailer in some people's possession, and are mainly driven in a circle, back and forth to work etc.

I thought about getting a diesel a few times but for the amount that I would use it, it just wouldn't make sense to spend that kind of money.

I've probably hauled more with my half ton gassers then a lot of these diesel trucks nowadays.

I work with a lot of farmers, and they are all switching to gas. The new gas engines can do a lot of pulling, and you don't need DEF. Plus, Diesel does not get the MPG it used to, so the benefit is gone.

Rolling coal is stupid. I can tell I'm getting old, however, as I also don't want to spin my tires anymore. I recall my Grandpa once telling me how wasteful and expensive that is to do. Now I sound like him....

I work with a lot of farmers, and they are all switching to gas. The new gas engines can do a lot of pulling, and you don't need DEF. Plus, Diesel does not get the MPG it used to, so the benefit is gone.

Rolling coal is stupid. I can tell I'm getting old, however, as I also don't want to spin my tires anymore. I recall my Grandpa once telling me how wasteful and expensive that is to do. Now I sound like him....

I don't know about the mileage debate. Diesel is way better when under load (towing).

An EcoBoost may be close to an EcoDiesel when unloaded, but put some weight behind them and the spread is significant.

DEF is dirt cheap and not much is required.

Indeed a majority of diesel pickups around here are never hooked to trailer in some people's possession, and are mainly driven in a circle, back and forth to work etc.

I thought about getting a diesel a few times but for the amount that I would use it, it just wouldn't make sense to spend that kind of money.

I've probably hauled more with my half ton gassers then a lot of these diesel trucks nowadays.

Most 1/2 ton trucks today are rated for more than my 2001 F350 !

Can idle a gas engine in a field all day and not have emissions problems. Gas engine have more power/torque than ever and get better mileage than before, are much more simple than a diesel and less maintenance / repair by a long shot. I imagine for a farmer operating on very thin margins , I imagine that's a welcome sight!

Most 1/2 ton trucks today are rated for more than my 2001 F350 !

Can idle a gas engine in a field all day and not have emissions problems. Gas engine have more power/torque than ever and get better mileage than before, are much more simple than a diesel and less maintenance / repair by a long shot. I imagine for a farmer operating on very thin margins , I imagine that's a welcome sight!
The company I work for currently has close to 40 1/2 and 3/4 ton pickups in the fleet, and not a single diesel among them. The upfront and potential repair costs would wipe out much of the savings on fuel. Diesel fuel tends to be priced a bit higher than gas here as well.

Staying on topic, I don't see much rolling coal, but I despise the sewer pipe LOUD exhausts seen frequently on older diesel pickups around here. I can hear those trucks four blocks from our house.

HOAs are like any other organization; some are excellent and some are execrable.
Me, I subscribe to the philosophy that if you can’t take a leak in your front yard then your neighbors live much too close. I like to watch movies on my HTS at THX reference levels and work on a car in my driveway. And sometimes my dog barks at night. Maybe a subdivision with a minimum lot size of five acres would work- but I kind of doubt it.

I don't know about the mileage debate. Diesel is way better when under load (towing).
I think with Ford releasing the 7.3L gasser V8 in the Super Duty the game between diesel and gas will be closer than ever, GM has supplied Isuzu and UPS with their big-bore LSx V8s for a while and enjoyed the sole-source supplier in that market.

towing and passenger transport are demanding use cases and there’s tow truck and school/shuttle bus fleets who would love to give up DPF/SCR - even though DEF can go a long way. I think there is still a market for diesel, especially with the trend towards “renewable” diesel some government fleets are moving towards but to a fleet manager the cost of extra consumables(DEF, filters) and repairs(DPF cleaning and unplanned repairs to the intake/fuel systems) is a weight in consideration.

Here in Ontario you can report smoking vehicles and you will get a fine.

I totally agree that these idiots are offensive and I consider the smoke an assault to some degree, but seriously reporting your fellow idiot citizen for this? Why waste law enforcement resources on this? I almost bet that after these dolts pay the fine they'll be right back out there doing the same thing over and over again...Seriously a tattle tale society with the gov't playing nanny isn't much better than having idiots rolling coal.

Now I can see following them to wherever they end up parked and "fixing" their truck seems more useful. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back