Mobil 1 - Napa Free Diagnostic Tool Promotion

So if you buy 5 quarts of Mobil 1 from an approved Napa store you can submit to receive a free diagnostic tool valued at $59.99. There is no information on the diagnostic tool and I am wondering if it is something like an Autel AP100? What is depicted on the webpages for this promotion, on both Mobil's and Napa's websites, does not look like an Autel AP100 but it would fit in that price range and Napa does carry the device.

Any thoughts? Has anyone submitted for this promotion?

By the time you pay that NAPA price for that oil and filter, you bought the tool anyhow.
Actually I ordered a 5 quart jug of Mobil 1 0w40 from Napa's website for the current sale price of $27.99. Only afterwards when I called Mobil to ask about the diagnostic tool I was informed that this promotion only applies to in-store purchases at authorized retailers.

Just as an aside I called Napa customer service to cancel my order since it was listed as "processing" online and my payment had not processed, only to be told that the order could not be cancelled and that I would need to ship it back to Napa if I wanted a refund. Nevermind that the ordered was not officially processed and a shipping label was created eight hours later. Now I have two charges for $32.19 from Napa on my credit card on the 18th and 21st that still have not processed. The order confirmation I received by email said that I would only be charged $29.39 (price + tax).

I apologize for the tangent but I starting to wonder if it is even worth returning my order to Napa and completing an in-store purchase in hopes of receiving the diagnostic tool. Is it even worth it to try? It is a "while supplies last" promotion so I am worried about getting stiffed like I did with the order cancellation.

It was only $30 for 5qts at my store, I submitted it, but I didn't realize it was "participating store only" so I had to click other stores, so mine will probably get denied. I guess if it does I think I can still submit an annual rebate and get $10 back, I gues $22 for 5 individual quarts isn't too bad a deal.

Actually I ordered a 5 quart jug of Mobil 1 0w40 from Napa's website for the current sale price of $27.99. Only afterwards when I called Mobil to ask about the diagnostic tool I was informed that this promotion only applies to in-store purchases at authorized retailers.

Just as an aside I called Napa customer service to cancel my order since it was listed as "processing" online and my payment had not processed, only to be told that the order could not be cancelled and that I would need to ship it back to Napa if I wanted a refund. Nevermind that the ordered was not officially processed and a shipping label was created eight hours later. Now I have two charges for $32.19 from Napa on my credit card on the 18th and 21st that still have not processed. The order confirmation I received by email said that I would only be charged $29.39 (price + tax).

I apologize for the tangent but I starting to wonder if it is even worth returning my order to Napa and completing an in-store purchase in hopes of receiving the diagnostic tool. Is it even worth it to try? It is a "while supplies last" promotion so I am worried about getting stiffed like I did with the order cancellation.
I wanted to update to say that NAPA did get my payment straightened out and Mobil did quickly approve the $10 rebate. I might just let this one go even though I am a bit frustrated about the fine details on qualifying for the diagnostic tool promotion. I think I am just going to get an Autel AP200 from Amazon and not worry about what Napa might have "gifted" me.

Mine also shows it's approved, exactly as blufeb95's above and I submitted it just today!
Bought 5qt jug of 0w-20 EP on Monday, it was on sale for $29.99 plus I had $5 NAPA reward for signing up with them on their website a couple of months ago :) I was able to use that reward in the store, which I was afraid of I won't be able to, but told the guy I want to use that reward and gave him my phone number and violaaa, there was a $24.99 final price, what I'd say is a great deal (same what Walmart has right now, I think it's $24.97).

Regarding that free diagnostic tool, to me it looks like "FIXD OBD2 Professional Bluetooth Scan Tool & Code Reader", not "Autel AP100"
The picture of that tool on Mobil1 and NAPA promotions looks exactly like FIXD OBD2.
The question now is, how quickly I receive it and if I receive it at all ... they say 8-12 weeks after your claim is approved, I'm more worried about that "while supplies last" remark

Mine also shows it's approved, exactly as blufeb95's above and I submitted it just today!
Bought 5qt jug of 0w-20 EP on Monday, it was on sale for $29.99 plus I had $5 NAPA reward for signing up with them on their website a couple of months ago :) I was able to use that reward in the store, which I was afraid of I won't be able to, but told the guy I want to use that reward and gave him my phone number and violaaa, there was a $24.99 final price, what I'd say is a great deal (same what Walmart has right now, I think it's $24.97).

Regarding that free diagnostic tool, to me it looks like "FIXD OBD2 Professional Bluetooth Scan Tool & Code Reader", not "Autel AP100"
The picture of that tool on Mobil1 and NAPA promotions looks exactly like FIXD OBD2.
The question now is, how quickly I receive it and if I receive it at all ... they say 8-12 weeks after your claim is approved, I'm more worried about that "while supplies last" remark
That's what I thought, I got one from Walmart during the April Car Care Month special, but I returned it because for $40 I figured that a chinese tool off Amazon would be a better choice, since the Fix'd software sucked, and I could keep the 3 5qt jugs of Pennzoil Platinum I bought in the bundle for only $8 and return the crappy Fix'd tool for $40+tax, $30 for 5qts of Mobil1 and the Tool sounded like a better deal, and in this case I'm not buying it from Fix'd directly so it doesn't positively affect their sales which is why I and several others returned theirs, their software sucks and was nagware trying to constantly get you to upgrade and they really didn't support using third party software with it, so we returned it as sort of a slap in the face to the manufacturer who was already trying to unload them at 60% off.

I ended up getting an Autel HT200 from Walmart and have been happy with it so far. I have decided to keep the M1 0w40 I ordered from Napa but it may be the last thing I ever order from them online.

Submitted today. Hopefully the supplies have not run out! The online form submission process was quite convoluted. Then the company owned NAPA store was not even listed under the stated zip code - quite difficult. Won't be surprised if they reject on a technicality.

Submitted today. Hopefully the supplies have not run out! The online form submission process was quite convoluted. Then the company owned NAPA store was not even listed under the stated zip code - quite difficult. Won't be surprised if they reject on a technicality.
I submitted another today under my mom's name and address, and my store came up this time, something is screwy with how that list works, My submission was only claim number 1300 or something the one a few weeks ago was under 1250, so I'm not sure that many people took up on it, probably had to buy a few thousand of them, or they're reusing fix'd scanners, that company couldn't even give them away.

I think they just shipped mine I got an alert from Fedex, and after a brief period of confusion because I haven't ordered anything, realized it was a package coming from ACB.

For anybody else that gets theirs, if you don't want to use the crappy Fix'd software, use whatever OBDII software you'd like from the appstore jut pair the FIXD using the password 1234