Mobil 1 0w40 Euro

Sorry, I’ve been meaning to post this for about a month. Put this in a 19’ Atlas 3.6 EA390 CDVC VR6. Cheers!
C88F87A3-235B-4A21-BC2F-7495CB71F882.jpeg

Last edited:
Doesn't calcium promote LSPI? There seems to be a trend away from calcium to Mg/Ca blends, I assumed this was because of GDI and LSPI issues. Can someone elaborate on this?

(edit) OP, it's best to title your VOA as such. I thought this was a discussion thread on the oil until I opened it.

Nevermind I see that the forum is listed under the title (on main page), please disregard. Lots to get used to on this new forum software.

Doesn't calcium promote LSPI? There seems to be a trend away from calcium to Mg/Ca blends, I assumed this was because of GDI and LSPI issues. Can someone elaborate on this?

(edit) OP, it's best to title your VOA as such. I thought this was a discussion thread on the oil until I opened it.

Nevermind I see that the forum is listed under the title (on main page), please disregard. Lots to get used to on this new forum software.

Yes, I was informed of that in my Total Quartz 9000 VOA I did here some time ago (see sig). According to Mobil 1's website, the 0w40 Euro is not SN Plus certified, just SN certified. The SN Plus is for oils that are better suited for TGDI engines. There's a good read from Lubrizol on it here.

This is still a decent oil regardless. It would be perfect for N/A applications. High calcium, high moly, and high boron. This is perfect for the N/A VR6 application OP has.

Holy Calcium! That is pretty impressive.
Where does the 13.6 cST put it on the viscosity range? Would this be considered a "thin" 40?

Good to see it sounds still has over 1000 ppm Zinc.

Which protects the metal of the engine from wear, the oil itself from oxidation and acts as a LSPI quench agent.

GDI LPSI is a problem in low displacement, forced induction engines.

the 3.6L VR6 is neither one of them. It is a FSI, but no turbo, nor it's a small engine

GDI LPSI is a problem in low displacement, forced induction engines.

the 3.6L VR6 is neither one of them. It is a FSI, but no turbo, nor it's a small engine

I've read in a number of places that LSPI is not limited to turbocharged engines, but rather can occur in GDI (which are typically higher compression) engines as well. I suspect the issue is nowhere near as prevalent or potentially catastrophic as with a turbo, however.

Back