Mobil 1 0W-20 Annual Protection VOA, TBN/TAN

Originally Posted By: oil_film_movies
Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
I don’t think you understand what I said.

I should learn to "read" what you were thinking. Instead, I tend to read what you typed. My bad. My psychic skills are off.

You never did answer the basic concern: ALL the tests in that run are low. How can all be low?

Forget it though. Doesn't matter until more results come in.

Just WOW. You're 110% wrong on what DuckRyder explained for you and what you "wrote/said" makes ABSOLUTELY 0 or ZERO SENSE. SMH!!

Last edited by a moderator:

I should learn to "read" what you were thinking. Instead, I tend to read what you typed. My bad. My psychic skills are off.

Just don’t let it happen again
28.gif
laugh.gif

You never did answer the basic concern: ALL the tests in that run are low. How can all be low?

Not accurate is not accurate...

Forget it though. Doesn’t matter until more results come in.

That I agree with.

My point is that if you are talking about 1000ppm the resolution is more on the order of 100-150ppm that 10-15ppm

Just don’t let it happen again
28.gif
laugh.gif

Not accurate is not accurate...

Forget it though. Doesn’t matter until more results come in.

That I agree with.

My point is that if you are talking about 1000ppm the resolution is more on the order of 100-150ppm that 10-15ppm

DuckRyder: I'm glad you know what you are talking about
smile.gif
. Thank You for
The explanation also
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: yvon_la
when wax thé last time hou drove your oïl for 1000 mile and time was up. You has to change It? Yep ite a very specific case but still, oïl maker gun for long term in ail value , so if one is short terme , It Can mess oïl maker expectancy

Google translate fail??

The M1 product guide shows ZDP for this grade to be around 650/750. This is not the first time B/S labs has come back with lower values of ZDP in a VOA.

At the end of the day all that matters is how well this oil was tested and I'm certain XOM R&D/Infineum did just that.

I have no idea what their proprietary anti aging system is and no one could know that but the formulators themselves. What Mobil seems to be showing through their marketing web page off their website is that these oils will keep engines very clean with excellent oxidation and deposit resistantance.

In some ways it's unfortunate that formulations are moving in this direction in terms of lower SAP bc a good low volatility PAO/Ester based oil with high SA works very well. It is what it is....

FWIW Amsoil is in the process of making a low SA oil for LSPI issues. It was in their latest news letter.

Think you are right - I'm just waiting for the first Walmart rollback.
(There was a two jug gap on the shelf today - darn rich people
wink.gif

Interestingly the 0/20AP in quarts at my Walmart seems to be earlier than these samples:

11017A02A 6326

Also the number is inked vs lasered which I have not seen in quite sometime on M1. Other grades had lasered (and later) codes.

It is off to the lab so we should have more data points shortly.

Originally Posted By: Wick
What’s up with this old archaic Photo Bucket???? Can’t veiw it .....

I use FlickR now as a storage space for my baseball card collection. Many on the forums were having issues and many have now jumped to it.
I find it great with lots of features, and best of all, it's free.
https://www.flickr.com/

Bump, agree. And very cheap if you can find it now...

Nice. The AP was a bit more robust then the EP oil. Had a tad more PAO in it. Probably a bit more AO's too if I had to guess. The threshold for the 5qt jugs at Walmart seems to be around $25. Once you get past that people don't seem to want to pay for it.

I just looked at the code on the bottles of M1 AP 0w20 that I bought at Walmart when the 'Clearance' began....it is 11017B20A 6326...the same as what the others have listed previously in this thread (3 years ago). I find it strange that the exact same code is on the oil that I bought in NY as what others bought in Virginia, Minnesota etc....
It does look like Walmart didn't sell very much of AP at original prices and we are all buying their original shipments now....3 years later...

Last edited:
PQIA recently did a VOA on the 5W-20. I doubt there is much difference on the add pack from the 0W-20 and it looks beefer than the BS one. That's the physical elemental test. Organics? Who knows:

Back