Million mile Frontier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by devharryc
Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
Why do they make the odometer stop at 999999?
Adding an extra digit space to that display that never gets used costs money
Yeah, but why not start over at 000000 like the old mechanical ones did? That would cost nothing.

Originally Posted by CR94
Yeah, but why not start over at 000000 like the old mechanical ones did? That would cost nothing.

They might not have thought about that--or given much of any thought to this, really. Just how many passenger cars hit this? Heck the majority are done before quarter that, vast majority by half.

But maybe there's a law that prevents rolling over. After all, it kinda/sorta sounds like odometer tampering. In the old mechanical days, it could be written off as "nature of the beast" but now there might be a law for all I know preventing that. [Laws and regulations can be weird.]

Very cool to see these experiences!

As much as I like these trucks, like said, a 4.0L, 4x4, automatic like 9 out of 10 of these trucks are would probably not make it to that point w/out major work.

Funny Frontier related story.. My 77yr/old FIL being the good dude he is took me for an early morning medical appt today in his 2017 Frontier 4x4, crew cab, long bed. Every parking attempt required 3 point maneuvers or several due to the ridiculous turning radii on the beast. He doesn't notice or even think about. They are a really comfortable, practical truck though. I like driving or being in them.

Originally Posted by CR94

Because the use case of that likely is under 10 vehicles in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back