Mercedes delays EV release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by UncleDave

Any predictions on what you think the Model Y will do?

UD

The Model Y will kill the world. And everybody knows it.
Beyond being superior in EV technology, Teslas are cool.
Owners flat out love 'em and people buy what they like.
Every purchase is an emotional purchase.

...and this site will be renamed BATTOG, and talk about engine oil will be banned!

wink.gif

There is an informal list by Model 3 Uber drivers reporting rider comments:

(grinning) this is my first time in a Tesla
that screen is so big (some ask if it comes with the car)

By the way, the back seat is actually very spacious and comfortable...

Originally Posted by Ws6
Lol, Tesla. I cant wait for them to finally go out of business or be bought out by someone who can run a company.

Yes I know what you mean brother. I would prefer a Japanese company take over because they are known to be ethically superior run companies. My second pick would be Koreans.

Can't root for a success of an American company, no sir!

Originally Posted by KrisZ
Originally Posted by Ws6
Lol, Tesla. I cant wait for them to finally go out of business or be bought out by someone who can run a company.

Yes I know what you mean brother. I would prefer a Japanese company take over because they are known to be ethically superior run companies. My second pick would be Koreans.

LOL!!!

Originally Posted by Ws6

Not sure what you are basing your post on...
Does Musk know how to run a company?
He is crushing the EV competition and taking market share overall. Against the "big boys" with all their storied experience.
That's the numbers. Tesla sells every Model 3 they can make and more of the old S vs. Audi, Jag, etc.
While others' range disappoints with 200 miles, Tesla is introducing its 3rd Gen Superchargers in their Supercharger infrastructure.

Can you name any other growing car company?
Tesla is breaking ground on Gigafactory Europe (Gigafactory 4) near Berlin to make batteries and Y vehicles.
It is scheduled to open in late 2021.

Last edited:
I live beside 3 little league fields. There is often a Tesla sedan in the pkng lot. Its a handsome car. I've seen a few around town and Marina's little brother bought a used one . Now that I retired, I could get by with one as a town car. Maybe when the Fridge dies.
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by KevD47
A shrinking segment in of itself (sedans of any size), and one that sizes within the whole picture as a tiny piece, again back to the whole market, but we can continue to argue the luxury sedan market as massive, and half of that as not a novelty. I will say, Californians seem to be the ones speaking out here (you and OP), where I myself as a consumer may be able to justify the purchase over a BMW, if I wanted a sedan.

The market is certainly Shrinking for BMW, Mercedes, Audi , Lexus and everyone else.

For Telsa it's been a growth market.

A shrinking segment in of itself (sedans of any size), and one that sizes within the whole picture as a tiny piece, again back to the whole market, but we can continue to argue the luxury sedan market as massive, and half of that as not a novelty. I will say, Californians seem to be the ones speaking out here (you and OP), where I myself as a consumer may be able to justify the purchase over a BMW, if I wanted a sedan.

The market is certainly Shrinking for BMW, Mercedes, Audi , Lexus and everyone else.

For Telsa it's been a growth market.

Yep, we are in an SUV world...
Wait until the Model Y comes out next year.
The Tesla Shanghai Gigafactory is about to start producing cars to sell; production line testing is nearly complete.
Just in time for the biggest marlet in the world.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
Originally Posted by Ws6

Not sure what you are basing your post on...
Does Musk know how to run a company?
He is crushing the EV competition and taking market share overall. Against the "big boys" with all their storied experience.
That's the numbers. Tesla sells every Model 3 they can make and more of the old S vs. Audi, Jag, etc.
While others' range disappoints with 200 miles, Tesla is introducing its 3rd Gen Superchargers in their Supercharger infrastructure.

Can you name any other growing car company?
Tesla is breaking ground on Gigafactory Europe (Gigafactory 4) near Berlin to make batteries and Y vehicles.
It is scheduled to open in late 2021.

Is Tesla profitable?..... NO.

Has Tesla been able to string together two or more profitable quarters?...Yes. Once and that happened this year.

Are they growing? Yes. Are competitors not growing? No. They're growing as well just not as fast on a per percentage basis because their volumes are either so high or their product is priced higher.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by KrisZ
Originally Posted by Ws6

crackmeup2.gif

Netherlands gas = $6.96/gal avg. as of 12/9 and is 2x New Jersey in size making range less of an issue (I won't ignore all the countries of Europe to be included in size, to be fair, but mass transit/trains allow long trips different decisions for transportation than the US)

So yes, gas and range make for a different business case. Short trips make the weather issue moot.

+ Netherlands have very high taxes on diesel and gas cars vs ev cars.

Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl

Has Tesla been able to string together two or more profitable quarters?...Yes. Once and that happened this year.

Are they growing? Yes. Are competitors not growing? No. They're growing as well just not as fast on a per percentage basis because their volumes are either so high or their product is priced higher.

Good point. Would Tesla be anywhere near the success they are today without the carbon scheme, future-fetishing consumers, a monopolized market, politically-motivated legislated attacks on hydrocarbon energy and subsidies from every side? Surely they're not going broke on interior/exterior design or materials quality

Originally Posted by pschnahc
Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl

Good point. Would Tesla be anywhere near the success they are today without the carbon scheme, future-fetishing consumers, a monopolized market, politically-motivated legislated attacks on hydrocarbon energy and subsidies from every side? Surely they're not going broke on interior/exterior design or materials quality

Does any car company truly stand on their own without loans, grants, subsidies, and bailouts?

NOPE.

UD

If Apple made a car Id probably buy it - but they dont.

UD

In 2017 Apple bought every Lexus RX450h at Stevens Creek Lexus to use for their self driving vehicle development.
Drove up the price locally, as SC is a huge dealer. I hate that dealership.

Does any car company truly stand on their own without loans, grants, subsidies, and bailouts?

NOPE.

UD

Since inception though? Tesla Motors was born on crutches. Most others got high on the hog and fell from grace, but at least they were profitable at some point.

TSLA is at $380 today...

It's called growth mode people... Opening Gigafactories ain't cheap.
Charging infrastructure... Who else has one?
New vehicles...

Not sure who the business people here are.
Perhaps you remember 15 to 20 years ago when Apple was supposed to be belly up within a short time?

All good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back