Meguiars gold class soap or ultimate

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume that's the Ultimate Wash and Wax. I haven't used it, but the primary difference is Ultimate contains wax, Gold Class doesn't.

I have used Gold Class. It contains paint conditioners which helps single stage paint with no clear coat that is sitting outside and is dry. It is also the only car wash I can find that isn't the cheapest of the cheap that doesn't contain wax.

It's a fine car wash, but probably so are the others. I think the only main deciding factors are price, concentrate dilution, and intent (with wax or no wax).

Last edited:
I have been using the Ultimate on my cars. Neither of the cars are insanely nice or anything, so I like the fact that I don't have to spray on wax in addition to washing them; saves me time.

Originally Posted By: dparm
I'm not a fan of soaps that have additives like conditioners or wax.

Agreed. I prefer Meguiars D110 or CarPro Reset for this reason.

When it comes to car wash soaps, I definitely like to keep it simple. I use Gold Class because it comes in very large containers and to me it seems to cut grease and bugs quite well and leaves a very clean surface ready for waxing or spray waxing.

I use both regularly and they both work very well. Cant say the UW&W leaves much protection but it smells nice and cleans well. I use that in cold weather and GC if the wash will be followed with some type of wax (spray or paste ...)

Originally Posted By: The Critic
Originally Posted By: dparm
I'm not a fan of soaps that have additives like conditioners or wax.

Agreed. I prefer Meguiars D110 or CarPro Reset for this reason.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back